See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2014

We just picked Johanna's off the web and didn't really know what to expect. We were delighted to find the room immaculate and nicely furnished and Angela, our hostess, welcoming, accommodating, and engaging. PS, the rates are very reasonable!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The room where we stayed was comfortable, but there was a definite stale cigarette or some other type of chemical smell, which made our throats tingly. The bed was pretty comfy, especially the pillows - they pretty much put you to sleep right away. It was great to have a fridge in the room. I'm new to motels, but it would be very helpful to have some type of illumination of the front sign at night - I passed it several times before finding the motel.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a fridge - make sure to ask for it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank katd234
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Several of us stayed her for a family wedding that was near by. The prices are good and the rooms are very clean. The motel is getting run down, but it met our basic needs. Note that there is no shampoo, conditioner, iron, blow dryer, phone. And I don't think there is a restaurant onsite although you you can buy a beer. There was supposed to be wi-fi, but none of our group were able to use it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gardengirl102
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Johanna's is a good deal We were in a room with a double bed and a large bathroom. There wasnt the usual stale cigarette smell which was refreshing. The only drawback was a very loud air conditioner! The location is perfect...right on route 22 in New York but close to the Massachussetts border

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Jojosmojo18
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights during the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival and the room was a welcome site for me every night. I hiked in nearby Bash Bish, Monument Mountain and Mt Greylock state parks which gave me a real workout. So having a clean room with a working shower and bathroom was extremely important to me. Johanna's Motel fit the bill. I highly recommend this place if you are in the Copake, NY area or the southern end of the Berkshire mountains.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family