“Enjoyed our visit”
Review of Cugini Cafe

Cugini Cafe
Ranked #26 of 74 Restaurants in Corning
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Casual eating place - great for lunch or dinner. Order at the counter and meal is served at your table. Nice Italian offerings - great paninis, salads, subs, sandwiches, pizza and pasta. Very nicely renovated storefront with downstairs and upstairs seating areas. Is also an Italian market with items for sale. Nice that they also serve specialty coffees, beer and wine. We enjoyed before walking across the street to the move theater - a nice evening. Thanks! (PS Cugini means cousins - and the place is owned by cousins : - )

1  Thank KAM

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Needed some quick food, not expensive, and yet of above-average quality. Walked the entire three block strip of Market St where a bunch of restaurants are located, and, sure enough, there were plenty of options of superior food, service, ambiance, but it would have meant that I had to break the piggy bank.

Actually sat down in a nearby other restaurant, and after being seated and a waiter sent to to be told about the specials and other offerings, decided it was best that I politely walk out and go to this establishment instead to get myself a plate of pasta in an informal setting and yet rewarding.

Was in town for a weekend of sports activities, and glad I ate this food as I did pretty well. Nourished me physically and mentally. Enjoy.

1  Thank sherpes h
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Went in for dinner with a group which we had booked reservations 1-1.5 weeks in advance - place was understaffed. Group had to come downstairs to get drinks. Finally bought a case of beer and had to pass it around myself.
They have 4 items on the dinner menu (which we knew in advance) but it still took 1 hour to get our meals.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

The front windows of this trattoria open to the sidewalk to create a nice airy place to sit while still connected to the outside. I had eggplant parm in a hot hoagie. Very, very good. A dark beer complemented nicely. One of the young women had a meatball hoagie that looked as good as mine. She had a nice hoppy beer. My wife and daughter had pasta with seafood and red wine. Both enjoyed their meals. They have many more selections that I will definitely try on future trips. I could probably eat here twice a day and not get tried of it. It would take a while to get through their menu. The also have deli coolers with fresh mozzarella, etc for take home. I heard the cheese selection is great.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Stopped in Corning on the way to the Finger Lakes because we heard good things about the Gaffer District. This cute little restaurant caught our eye as we walked by so we decided to give it a try. We sat at the bar and shared a cheeseboard with a side of prosciutto and a glass a wine. It was a very relaxing enjoyable experience. I would definitely stop here again if I came back to the area.