“Prices too high”

Original Italian Pizza
Ranked #48 of 74 Restaurants in Corning
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We've been ordering here for several years. Today may have been my last. Ordered two large pizzas, one plain with extra cheese, other a pepperoni "Lovers", and two dozen of their wings. Total came to $62 and change! This was a pickup order not delivery. No way a basic pizza and wings night for the family should be more than about $40-45. Just my opinion. There are much better tasting and better priced options out there. Anelios, Atlas, Rico's...

1  Thank Corning123

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We've been going to OIP since it came to Riverside Plaza, and we have yet to be disappointed. I've read some reviews on other sites that disparage this restaurant, but don't believe them. One site even stated that the place is 'permanently closed'.; No it isn't, nor should it be! Some people like to slam everything and everything just to see their name in print, or else they have such thin skins that the slightest thing offends their arrogant sensibilities. Will you be greeted at the door by someone in a tuxedo and a dazzling smile? No! Will someone fawn all over you while you eat? No! If all that jazz is important to you, seek out another restaurant. And get out your wallet/credit card/car title. But if you want good food quickly, call OIP. We like the cheese steak with 'The Works', pizza slices, wraps, and especially the char-grilled wings. We call OIP and 20 minutes later, we pick up a good meal. What more is there?

1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Our family first discovered this restaurant about 10 years ago and have made it a monthly habit ever since. Had THE best wings ever - char grilled - which were perfect for those of us with acid reflux. The past few times we've visited, the pizza was just OK, but the wings were horrible. We spend on average $60 per visit and I'm afraid we won't go back. I believe they are under new ownership in the past year. Very sad because people on the west side of the bridge need a good place for pizza and wings. We used to get awesome service. Always the same two gentlemen working and they were wonderful. Now it's full of younger workers who would clearly rather be somewhere else.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We were on our way to the Erie County Fair in Buffalo and were hungry. My wife wanted pizza so we got off at Corning NY and put food into our GPS and this place popped up. It was outstanding. The pizza was terrific and was what we needed. We both said we would go there again in a heartbeat. We get crap Pizza back in Maryland so it was a nice change to sink into something this good.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I have passed this restaurant many times but only just stopped in to try it. It is in a strip mall location so you have to drive there. There is plenty of seating and staff were friendly. I had pizza and there were many to choose from. The slice I had was hot, tasty and crispy - just the way I like it. I was pleasantly surprised and will visit again.