“Delicious breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Decided to give Fiddlesticks a try last weekend before heading over to Storm King. I was quite happy that I did! The pancakes were delicious and filling. I look forward to returning and trying some of the other items available.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Fiddlestix!! You're terrible service is ruining your business. This was honestly my favorite place to eat. We would make a 40 minute trip often just for brunch. The service has never been great - but I enjoy the food so much, we dealt with it.
However, today was so bad - you should really take action to change it.
I took some time to read your reviews - obviously you must be aware of the poor service - so why not do something.
Here was my experience of the day....
1. We came in around 12:00. There were two tables in front of us. A table of two and a table of four. We thought we would just sit at the bar - we were told by the tall male waiter that we can't??? Really? Why not? So ok... we waited for a table
Most tables left quickly and we didn't wait long to be seated. Tables seated after us got beverages and were greeted before us... but not that big of a deal. The male waiter came over and took our drink order. The young female waitress took our food order. And that was the last I saw of either one of them. The food was delivered by the young bus boy. We had no silverware, I had to get up and ask. No one came to check on us, ask if we needed anything or fill by "bottomless cup of coffee" I had to go to the counter and ask for a refill.

I spent a lot of time making observations. Although your tables were filled - there was no longer a wait, and it wasn't that busy. The young lady server spent most of her time at the counter talking to a young male. She could have easily walked around with a coffee pot and "a smile" to the tables to make sure everything was ok. The- bus boy brought the check - dropped it on the table and didn't say a word. We asked for boxes...then had to ask for a bag. All just dropped on the table.

2. As we were finishing our meal, 2 elderly couples came in for breakfast. There was no wait, no one ahead of them. They were told there was a 15 to 20 minute wait. And he let them leave! It was clear we were done with our food. The tables who sat and ate before us were all done with there food. How is that long of a wait even possible? He didn't even offer them to sit at the counter until the table was ready. The table of 4 next to us left within 5 minutes and we we gone soon after. Wow!

The young tall male waiter does work... he is constantly moving.
He is not the best server, but I give him credit for trying. The young female however is terrible.

Some suggestions for an easy fix and a world of difference

1. First impressions are huge in the service industry.....On a busy day...why not have a hostess - who can also maybe walk around - fill coffee and make sure the tables don't need anything?

2. If the table has coffee - rules should be as follows. After you take an order go to the table at least once before food is served to refill coffee.

3. When food is served - go to the table in approximately 3 minutes to see if everything is ok - or needs anything. Stop back again before customers finish to see if they would like anything else. If they say no you can clear some dishes and then bring the check. Don't just drop the check - take the 2 full seconds of time it would take to say "Thank you and hope to see you again.

4. If someone asks for a box - bring a bag, and ask "Would you like me to box that?" Most customers say no - but they do appreciate the effort.

It seems to me you are forgetting you are in the service industry. As much as I LOVE your food - I was so aggravated today, it doesn't seem worth it anymore for me to come back.

4  Thank Poppy0629
Reviewed 7 September 2017

They have many creative wraps, pancakes,omelets.
Large portions. Too greasy for my taste but others loved it.
only open for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Awsome breakfast we arrived early just opening had great experience staff was awesome. Will return on our NeXT trip to Woodbury commons great littlerestaurant tucked away on main street. Cornwall Ny

Reviewed 2 July 2017

If I want to go out for breakfast, this is the first place I think of. Food cooked fresh as you watch and the portions are HUGE.

On weekends, get here early or prepare to wait. Not many tables, but so worth it.