All reviewsthe pubfamily reunionlook forwardirish musiclabor daynew yorkfun placefood was finefamily runwonderful weekendarts weekthis past weekendmy sonirish countryyoung peoplemarywaterfall
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Gavins was a wonderful place to hold our family reunion !! We had about 40 people there last weekend. We all had a great time....lot of activities for both children and adults. The food was fine and since there were 40 of us the Gavins gave us our own dining area.
The Gavins and there staff were just great and very easy to get along with.
We all had a GREAT time !!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank tim20254
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway and had a great time! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and the barbecue on Saturday night was amazing! It is such a fun, family destination with many activities throughout the day. The entertainment in the pub each night was exceptional, as we really enjoy Andy Cooney and his band.
It was our first time to visit Gavin's, but we were the exception. It appears most people have been returning here year after year. However, we were made to feel like we were family. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ginnywo
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We held our reunion at Gavin's last weekend and had a wonderful time. The setting was beautiful, the staff was fantastic and personable, the food was excellent. I would definitely​ recommend Gavin's for your next quaint get together.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I wanted to go and hear Irish music. So we found out if you really want to go and listen to great Irish music go to East Durham New York. Because your way up in the mountains it really does feel like you're in Ireland. The weather changes pretty quick, One minute you're nice sunny weather and then you look over the mountains and you see giant rainstorm, coming towards you. Temperatures are so good there but at home in Hackensack New Jersey I asked everybody when I got back what the temperature was they said it was hot 89° to 90° humid and when I was in the mountains I was wearing a sweater. (you can buy beautiful Irish sweaters there) Now I know why the Irish are going there for hundred years to get away from the heat of NY and NJ. My wife and I stayed at Gavin's Irish country inn you can find it at Gavins.com and this little hotel was great. It covers everything all you pay is one price you get your breakfast lunch and dinner a nice little cottage room but the best part of it is the Irish bands that go there. They are really good when that music starts playing everybody hits the dance floor. And a lot of people there know how to dance Irish. The atmosphere is great and the people are having a ball. It is a very basic good old fashion time parties. So if you are Irish and you love Irish music go to East Durham and stay at Cavins Irish country inn it is very kid family-friendly but most of all enjoy the Irish music it's a lot of fun. PS ordered a soda bread for your friends and family on the way home I did that and everybody loved it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ocasey
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I was a guest at Gavin's for 1 week during Irish Arts Week in mid July and can not sing their praises loud enough! I had not been to the Catskills in the summer months, only to ski at Windham and attend the festivals at Hunter in the fall, so it was with some trepidation that I went to Gavin's because of the less than stellar accommodations that are generally available in the area. I was however COMPLETELY won over by Gavin's. It is super clean and comfortable, the food is plentiful and deliciously satisfying and the family is gracious and caring. The young people that work in the dining areas are enthusiastic, hard working and a joy to talk to. The ground have a lovely trail in the woods where you can enjoy the quiet and listen to the waterfall. Sadly several of the other accommodations in the area have closed or fallen into disrepair, but Gavin's is a truly special place that is an oasis if you are traveling in the area. Irish Arts Week is on my calendar for 2018 and happily so is Gavin's! Thank you Gavin family for a wonderful week and I look forward to seeing you all again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends