“Dying era”

Hi-Way Drive-in Theatre
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Coxsackie
Reviewed 22 April 2017

With just over 300 drive-ins left in America, this is definitly an "old-time" favorite that I am so happy I was able to share with my children. This area having two drive-ins relatively close to eachother, I find this one of a better value though the other has it's own good features. This drive in charge $10 for ages 12 and up, and $5 for ages 3 - 11
(children under 3 years of age are admitted free). There are 4 screens that play 2 movies each, and usually there is something for everyone (thrill seekers or family movies). The way the screens are positioned, if you are watching a family free movie, it is unlikely your child will see the violence of another film, unless they are desperatley trying to do so. The food is a bit overpriced, as expected but they do not discourage from you bringing your own drinks and snacks in. My son goes with his friends atleast three to four times a season, and we like to go as a family ever year as well. The bathrooms are not sparkeling clean, but clean enough to get the job done. The burgers and fries are what you would expect, not bad tasting and fill your stomach. If you are in the area, be part of the histroy and go for a visit. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have been going to the Hi-Way Drive-in since I was a little girl, so happy they have added more screens to give more double feature movie options. They have 4 screens total and they put so much thought into what movies they play together each night. The concession is just what you would expect at a drive-in, we will often skip dinner and feed everyone there, it's that good. We love that it's only a few miles from our house, we can even go on a work night and be home early enough to go to work the next day.

1  Thank Jean L
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Very nostalgic but forgot how foggy the windows can get and then couldn't turn on car because the darn lights would come on. Great experience for a date night

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Love this drive-in, the staff are friendly, the food is good, the bathrooms are clean. Everyone is there to have a good time and enjoy the movies. Staff is good about nicely reminding people to turn off their headlights once the movies start. Bring bug spray if you plan to sit outside.

1  Thank Michele J
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! I have never been to one of these I have only heard my grandparents talk about how great it was going to a drive-in theater when they were younger. They had for movie screens to choose from which was very awesome! After pulling into our parking spot we simply turned to the radio station that was provided kicked back and enjoyed the movie. Some people brought chairs and blankets to sit on the ground outside of their cars. The concession area had popcorn, drinks, candy, hamburgers, french fries, ect.. We highly enjoyed the experience and we'll go back several times!!

1  Thank Dee B