“Huge portions”

The New Italian Village Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #6 of 107 Restaurants in Depew
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We tried this restaurant after reading several good reviews. It was close to our hotel, and were fairly tired after just coming in from the West Coast. There are so many Italian restaurants out there and so few live up to the name, but I have to say The New Italian Village does. This place is pretty close to what Mom made when I was a kid. We started with a house salad that was huge. We shared this plate and still had salad left over. For my main course, I went for the gnocchi with a red sauce and sausage. Yum. The gnocchi were tender bites of potato pasta with a flavorful red sauce. The sausage was good,but could have had more fennel for my taste. My wife had the pasta bolognese, and we weren't prepared when our server brought out this mountain of pasta. It was like a family serving, but instead it was for one. The sauce had just right amount of spice and the pasta was cooked al dente. This eatery would be a good neighborhood joint any where. I wouldn't mind one in my neighborhood.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Of you are in the mood for Italian food this is your place. Good pasta and generous portions. We had spaghetti and meatballs and chicken parmigiano. Both were very good. Especially liked the pasta sauce. Service was friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 18 September 2016

My wife and I were in the mood for a nice meal but being a spur of the moment idea and also not having a babysitter we decided to order somewhere and eat at home.
I considered Olive Garden but my wife said why bother with a chain when the Italian Village is just around the corner.

Called and they told me 30 minutes but I asked them to have it ready for 8pm, lo and behold when I showed up our food was ready and warm at the perfect time.

We ordered a Pizza, the Chicken Parm and Meatball Combo with some Garlic Bread and House Salad on the side, we figured we'd share stuff and "Hopefully have some left over for tomorrow".
Well our $47 got us not only a great meal for that evening but quite frankly will feed my wife and I and our kids for lunch today as well.

The food was excellent, the Pizza was fresh with a nice tasting dough, the pasta and Meatball were all Tasty also. The only ( minor ) thing I would say is that I thought the Garlic Bread was a little light on the Garlic, but thats my only complaint.

If you're in the mood for Italian then this has to be a strong consideration.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I recommend the pasta, It's excellent!! Nice blend of sauce like mama's.The atmosphere is good the staff are very friendly.We had a young gentlemen Efrain who was so kind and polite... Between the food and the staff I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who's looking for a taste of home and a full belly....

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Me, Wife and brother and sister in law visited this establishment tonight on stop in Buffalo area returning from vacation. Didn't look too impressive on outside, but don't let that fool you. We were greeted in lobby by the owner, which in my book is very good sign. We were seated promptly and server got to our table pronto. My wife and sister in law split an angel hair pasta dish, brother in law and I both ordered linguine with white lam sauce. Both of these were excellent, linguine with clams having a fine amount of chopped clams, with a very tasty sauce. Angel hair dish split for wives still provided a huge portion of excellent pasta. If you have a chance to visit this establishment don't miss it.