All reviews scones bottomless cookie jar great hosts other guests watkins glen seneca lake mary makes each morning my husband and i bed and breakfast inn keepers fire ring west shore moment you arrive direct access beautiful deck corning glass
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

One could not ask for a more lovely private setting for a B&B. Every room looks over the lawn and lake and has a porch/deck with Adirondack chairs. One of the owners weaves and each room has a lovely (and warm) triangle shawl to use in the evenings. There lots of areas to sit including on the dock extending into the lake. There is a bottomless cookie jar and the owners could not be nicer and more hospitable. A hot breakfast is included. Our room was very plain without much character but the common rooms were lovely and very welcoming.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We just returned from a visit to the Finger Lakes, staying at The Pearl of the Seneca bed and breakfast. Mary and Peter were wonderful hosts! We did a wine trail tour and found their location to be in a great location, not only for the trail but for visiting other attractions as well. Mary's breakfasts are wonderful, and her scones just scrumptious. Their location on the lake was so relaxing, our room had all the amenities we needed and more, was comfortable and had a great deck overlooking the lake to relax on each morning and evening. It was like staying at a favorite family home - so welcoming, warm and inviting. We didn't want to leave. Thank you, Mary and Peter for a wonderful time!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Over Valentine's Day Weekend my boyfriend and I spent two nights at The Pearl while doing the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. We picked the Pearl because of its ideal location on Seneca Lake and after reading some great reviews. We booked the Chardonnay room at a great off season rate. The house and grounds are beautiful and we were able to look out over a picturesque winter lake view from our room. The owners, Peter and Mary, were lovely and super accommodating. The breakfast was the best part of the stay! The first day we had caramelized onion and goat cheese omelettes and waffles sausage and eggs for the second. The meals came with fruit, homemade breads, and scones (the raspberry and chocolate were my favorite), the leftovers of which Mary packed up for us to take on the road. I can’t wait to stay again!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2015

We traveled with three other couples in November to the Finger Lakes for the Deck the Halls Wine tour. We chose The Pearl of Seneca Lake because it was able to accommodate all four couples and because of the reviews read read. We were not disappointed. Peter and Mary were wonderful host, so friendly and welcoming. Yes, the scones are as good as everyone says and the cookie jar is bottomless! The rooms are clean and well furnished. We hope to travel back and stay with them over the summer when we can enjoy some of the outdoor activities. Thank you for sharing your home with us Peter and Mary. Blessings to you.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed 31 October 2015

For the past several years (7,8,9.....I lost track) my husband and I have traveled along with two other couples to the Finger Lakes over Columbus Day Weekend. Each year we pick a different B&B to see different places, meet new people. After staying at the Pearl, I really don't know what more I could expect to find anyplace else. The hosts, Peter and Mary were so friendly and welcoming. The house was spotless and the rooms were a good size with beautiful furniture and a mini-fridge with complimentary soft drinks, private bathrooms with quality toiletries. I think the hosts thought of just about everything. There was an endless cookie jar, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and supplies to make smores at the campfire available. This was the first time staying at a B&B that we sat outside around a fire and sang songs. I hope we did not keep Peter and Mary awake. Warm blankets are kept in a container outside by the fire ring. The lake-side setting is beautiful. The food served at breakfast was delicious and plentiful! On the day we departed, each couple was given a gift to remind us of our wonder stay at the Pearl. Thank you Peter and Mary for a great experience!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple