“Saturday Night Spot”

The Oak Stave Drinkery & Eatery
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in East Amherst
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Went with friends for dinner to Oak Stave for a second time. Reservations were a must at 7 pm on a Saturday night. Parking was impossible. Drink and food menu is extensive with excellent liquor, wine and beers. We ordered relatively light with Hawaiian Ahi Salad, Mediterranean Platter (large and excellent), Caesar with Salmon and Salmon dinner with an extra side of asparagus. We ended with an enormous Chocolate Cake. The food was good and the service (Alexa) was excellent. With drinks and light dinners the bill was about $45/ each, a bit pricey for Buffalo and the meal. Ask for a booth near the back to limit some of the noise (mostly from the bar). The place is jumping.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Oak Stave has excellent apps and entrees. Their All American Burger is 10oz and very filling. It was correctly cooked to my specified done-ness. Philly Cheese Steak Eggrolls are really tasty, and Pulled Pork Nachos are also excellent.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We had a kid-free weekend so popped over the border for the night & saw the restaurant from the road and thought it looked interesting.
Loved the decor. Fairly busy for a Sunday night... only 1 waitress & 1 bartender and they were really hustling. Service was great...no complaints there. Very gracious and accomodating and eager to ensure we were pleased.
Ordered the Mediterranean Platter to start - the prosciutto & fresh house made mozzarella were unreal. They forgot to put the olives on our platter so the server quickly brought double the amount to make up for it.
I ordered the Tartufo burger, hubby ordered the Oak Royale sandwich... I really enjoyed my burger. Hubby liked his dish but regretted not ordering the first thing that caught his eye. We both got the kettle chips as our side. I was bummed because they come heavily seasoned (cajun or BBQ) & this was not indicated in the menu. Our server was super gracious & offered to bring me a different side. I was stuffed at this point so declined.
We really enjoyed our night & would definitely drop in again if in the area.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Sorry for the belated review. I am going through a pile of old receipts and notes. We had lunch here last summer. My wife had a kale salad and I had a Buffalo chicken sandwich and a Guinness. After reading a review in the paper we were expecting more. The food was average and the interior was underwhelming.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

A beautiful bar/restaurant. Newly opened. They have a good selection of whiskey’s of which they offer one ounce samples of. A wide variety of menu choices. Our waitress was not rude but I would politely describe her as disengaged.