“Great for business travel; stay in the front-facing rooms”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I've stayed here nine times since July for business in Albany. It's definitely one of my favorite hotels in the area and certainly the best overall value. Frankly, I'm stunned that it is not more highly rated here.

Usually I've stayed in a room facing the front parking lot (odd numbered). Even though the hotel has been busy, those rooms are consistently very quiet. (The highway curves around the back of the building, so the rooms back there have some noticeable traffic noise.)

I've tried the two double bed and one king bed rooms, both types relatively standard. There are also one double bed rooms that are more like junior suites - a separate sitting area with no coffee table, great for spreading out luggage/ironing. Only minor annoyance about the rooms has been static cling on the bed sheets.

Staff have been uniformly good or great. Breakfast well-stocked, good layout. Internet access is fast and reliable. Some rooms (but not all) have microwave/refrigerator.

Really have few complaints. It only adds about ten minutes of easy driving time to get to downtown Albany. Would be nice if they had LCD TVs but otherwise it's a very easy hotel for business travel. There is an outdoor pool (haven't tried it) so this hotel is probably a decent choice for families on a budget, too.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mjs7777

Reviewed 13 November 2010

I am probably sure this place makes money only because they have marriott in their name and people think ooooh its part of marriott....it must be good.
Its more super 8,than marriott

This hotel is old and worn and very low quality accomodation and furnitures.
In my room (old)TV power button was missing so i had to use a pencil to stick it into the TV to turn it on!!!
Remote did not work.
VERY VERY basic cable service....not even FOX channel?!?
The lamp over the small work space was stuck on....the switch was broken and there was no way to close the light other than untwisting the bulb from socket....
The chair in the room was a really ugly and uncomfortable.
Room was clean enought but there was big stains on the wall between the A/C unit and the window.

Elevator really slow and internet....the computer in the lobby wasnt working well.

Do you really expect that from a hotel wearing Marriott namel??

Think about a 50$ econolodge or super 8 hotel......that exactly the kind of accomodation you can expect here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2010

My husband and I flew to Albany on Oct. 15 -17 to visit our daughter. My husband and daughter were here in December when they looked at colleges and said their room was fine. We were on the 4th floor in room 421. Our room was very clean (I inspect the bathroom especially) and the front desk staff was nice. You will not get the quality mattress that you would at a Residence Inn or Marriott Hotel. Our mattress did not make noise or "cave" in the middle as one person wrote about in their review. You just don't wake up like you do in your own bed at home. Maybe they give you all those pillows on the bed until you find one that you like! A Denny's restaurant is next door walking through the parking lot. The location is right off the freeway exit and easy to find. On Sunday morning, the dining room was not crowded at all. I was a travel agent and am particular, but I can't tell someone not to stay here because of a mattress. It is all what you can afford or in our case what was available when we booked a Marriott chain for our weekend. My daughter and I have stayed at other Fairfield Inn's and we slept fine. I guess it's luck of the draw. All the Marriott chains have been good to us and if something was not to our satisfaction, they worked to make it right. My husband is a freqent traveller and will agree on their service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn as a late night stopover on our way to a family wedding in Vermont. We always stay within the Marriott family and have learned to trust the quality...not here.
We arrived close to midnight and check-in was easy. By the time we showered after driving for almost 5 hours and got into bed we were beat and it was close to1AM. The bed had this loud creaky, almost crunching sound under the mattress, like it was on Rice Krispies so that every time my wife or I moved or shifted it made such loud noises we could not sleep or were woken up when we finally manged to doz off. On top of that the support in the bed was non-existent and both of us were always rolling in the middle of the bed where it sagged. The toilet in the bathroom was running every 20 minutes which added to our frustration. My son who stayed 2 rooms down the hall also complained about his bed and the lack of support in it. We got up more exhausted then when we went to sleep. Breakfast was just fair at best. The woman working the area was pleasant and did her best to keep up with the supplies and the demands but the food quality was not so good. We did not complain at 1AM because...well it was 1AM. We said nothing in the morning to the desk because we were frustrated and just wanted to leave knowing we would not be coming back. I can't believe that we are the only ones to complain about the quality of the bedding, I don't see how anyone could get a nights rest on that. I have been camping with my sons and have slept in a sleeping back on the ground and was more comfortable. The hotel seemed clean and the staff seemed to be polite, but if you can't wake up refreshed none of that matters. I have written to Marriott to see if they care.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kmax48
Reviewed 11 September 2010

A little difficult to find but worth the trouble. The front desk staff are really great and the cookies they bake are fantastic. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, plus there are a number of fast food restaurants close by. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
0.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
0.5 km away
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
0.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
5.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
5.2 km away
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
13.4 km away
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush? Share your experiences!