I've stayed here nine times since July for business in Albany. It's definitely one of my favorite hotels in the area and certainly the best overall value. Frankly, I'm stunned that it is not more highly rated here.
Usually I've stayed in a room facing the front parking lot (odd numbered). Even though the hotel has been busy, those rooms are consistently very quiet. (The highway curves around the back of the building, so the rooms back there have some noticeable traffic noise.)
I've tried the two double bed and one king bed rooms, both types relatively standard. There are also one double bed rooms that are more like junior suites - a separate sitting area with no coffee table, great for spreading out luggage/ironing. Only minor annoyance about the rooms has been static cling on the bed sheets.
Staff have been uniformly good or great. Breakfast well-stocked, good layout. Internet access is fast and reliable. Some rooms (but not all) have microwave/refrigerator.
Really have few complaints. It only adds about ten minutes of easy driving time to get to downtown Albany. Would be nice if they had LCD TVs but otherwise it's a very easy hotel for business travel. There is an outdoor pool (haven't tried it) so this hotel is probably a decent choice for families on a budget, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush is ranked #1 on TripAdvisor and is minutes from downtown Albany, as well as the Empire State Plaza, Times Union Center & Palace Theater. Our public spaces and guest rooms are completely renovated, as of Summer 2016. New to our hotel are studio suites, a 24-hour fitness center, expanded breakfast room featuring Fairfield Inn's new hot breakfast selection and a 24-hour Corner Market. Albany International Airport is a 20 minute drive. We're also located minutes from RPI and HVCC, as well as near corporations like CSC, Regeneron, NYISO, Pitney Bowes & Rensselaer Tech Park. Less than an hour away, check out Saratoga Springs, the Berkshires or Lebanon Valley Speedway. Local shopping is close by at Crossgates Mall, Colonie Center and downtown Troy. Enjoy complimentary WiFi & parking. Our free breakfast includes eggs, breakfast meat & oatmeal in addition to cereal, yogurt & juices. Coffee is offered free in the lobby 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Albany East Greenbush Hotel East Greenbush
- Fairfield Inn East Greenbush
- Fairfield East Greenbush
- East Greenbush Fairfield Inn