“Wonderful experience”

Lemoncello Italian Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Considered one of the most authentic Italian restaurants in Monroe county. A place where visiting Italians are referred to for a meal most resembling home.Dinner Monday-Sunday starting at 4pm. Happy Hour Monday-Sunday 4pm-7pm in Bar Room only. Beautiful Patio in the warmer months as wellLive Music. See Website
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I can’t believe we’ve never been to this gem near us. We had an awesome server who had perfect timing. The Lemoncello salad dressing was delicious, the kitchen accommodated our dietary requests no problems and our meals were delicious. We even took home the fra diavolo
Sauce leftover.

Mass1974, Owner at Lemoncello Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Glad you enjoyed your stay, but even happier you found us. Love that called us a gem because we think of ourself sad such. We do our best to bring a good balance of food and service techniques from Italy and combine with expectations locally. The kitchen will always try to accommodate when possible. So thank you again for finding us and come visit soon. Massimo & Fausto

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I dined at Lemoncello for the first time with my husband and 3 children. Our server was prompt and attentive even with it being a Saturday evening. I had the raspberry tart martini and loved it. The bread came out right away and was warm and delicous. Our children ordered the flat bread pizza and they loved it. Our dinners were perfect and the overall ambiance is romantic and inviting. We will definitely come back again.

Mass1974, Owner at Lemoncello Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Melanie, sorry for the late response. I thought I did but I was mistaken. Anyhow, we appreciate you taking the time to review our little gem. Glad you like everything from the drinks, service, food and ambiance. We poured a lot of love transforming the space from what it was 10 years ago to what it looks like today. We appreciate you and hope you come see us again.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This evening I dined at this establishment along with a friend. We were a party of two arriving around 5 pm. We were initially seated on top of a party of four, at a table for two. The seating was SO tight we asked to be moved. The gentleman who seated us was very apologetic and moved us to a table that seated four with more room.

I ordered the shrimp Lemocello. It sounded great......when it arrived there were 3 jumbo shrimp. The meal cost $25.00........No value at all. The sauce that was on it was rather bland. Shortly into our meal and conversation the bus boy came to our table, mind you while we were eating and informed us that they needed the two chairs at our table.....he attempted to lift them up over our heads. When I insisted on talking to the owner, he was uninterested in our complaint. He was not even apologetic, nor offered some type of compensation (like a drink or dessert on the house) for interrupting our meal so that he could squeeze two more paying customers in. Quite frankly the only thing he seemed to be interested in was packing the people in and had little consideration for the folks that were eating and trying to enjoy their expensive meal. Do not go here its a honky tonk Italian restaurant where the owner has little consideration for their customers; not to mention zero 'people' skills.

1  Thank ilikegolf65
Mass1974, Owner at Lemoncello Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Good afternoon, thank you so much for the review. As the other owner, I do have to do some due diligence so I did look at he video feed to get a good idea of the overall picture. I will apologize for being so busy and for packing the place, however I would have done the same thing because after all, with expenses going up, the only way to stay in business is to adhere to supply and demand and as you have most likely witnessed on TV, beautiful places, owned by some wonderful people have closed .
Now on a Saturday night, you came in early WITHOUT reservations which is totally fine but 2 hours later when the restaurant was extremely busy, the owner sent the busboy to get two desperately needed and unused chairs from your table, he didn't ask you to move. Just needed a few chairs to be able to seat others with a reservation....... keep in mind we would have done this for you as well if you were waiting for a table. We ran out of chairs and we'll be sure to buy more, but this should have been a non-issue after two hours without a reservation on a Saturday.
As far as the value, I have to stand behind our product. The team including the owners, servers, bussers, runner and cooks did an excellent job with trying to accommodate that many people and they did awesome.
Now, if the day does come where we don't need chairs, well, then that would be a real issue, but we hope you join us again. Take care and we hope your Spring starts off nicely. Carpe Diem

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

went started out with the appetizers we had Octopus salad and a beet salad very very good For the entree we both had filet of sole with vegetables very good and for dessert my wife had chocolate cake I had lemoncello cheesecake the best I every tasted the service very good you have valet parking very nice romantic restaurant.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

My husband and I agreed this was an excellent dinner from start to finish.Seated right away ( with reservation) in picturesque corner framed by lights and offering cozy view of warm, happily artful decor. Waitress was welcoming, always there at right time, suggestion of Lemoncello martini ( when asked ) a fine start. Drunken shellfish, chicken Lemoncello, mushroom pasta, all delicious. Petite salad just enough along with fresh, still warm bread. Definitely plan to return.We noticed a side room that offered a separate space for a group that we plan to use with family in future.
Had a similarly great experience with a large group of colleagues long ago. So glad to return!

Thank you for taking the time to write your view. Was very nice to read. We do take pride in the freshness and taste of our cuisine bringing the best balance possible between dishes we learned in Italy growing up and from nice Italian-American dishes we learned here over the past few years. Yes, love that you enjoyed the décor. That is also a big part of our core value. Food , service and ambiance so we are so happy you liked all three.