“Good Food - Cool Diner”

Redwood Diner
Ranked #35 of 62 Restaurants in East Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 May 2017

From the outside this place looks old and small . Once inside you find a cool diner with plenty of tables. The service was friendly and fast . The food was fresh and very good . They close at 2:00 in the afternoon , so it a breakfast a and lunch diner . A very nice visit and a good lunch .

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Walking up to The Redwood Diner you may not expect much. But walk in and it's like family. Everyone is laughing, you're engaged in conversation, and after a visit or 2 Jerry remembers you and what you order! There's a fairly extensive menu and it's all cooked to order right in front of you (should you elect to eat at the counter - definitely recommended!). If you want it, Jerry can make it. (How about Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes? I'm in my early 40's but that was still exciting!) Service is friendly and prompt, refills on coffee are right there, the food is fantastic and the company can't be beat!

Reviewed 22 August 2015

when the owner [?] is cooking, i like it a lot ! the scrambled eggs come out fluffy and not dried out or like an overcooked omlet. bacon is normally done just right. i get charged 3 or 4 different prices for the exact same meal each time i go there. it seems to average out to a reasonable price...

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is the best Breakfast I have ever had in my life!!!!! This is not some fancy chain restaurant that serves food you wouldn't feed your dog. If you want Breakfast that will stick with you all day served by real hard working Americans then this is for you. Whenever I go back to Syracuse this is a must breakfast place for me.

3  Thank usmc0311vietnam
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Recently stopped in to meet a friend for coffee. I did not order any food. Just looking at the exterior of the place told me I was in for trouble. No better inside the door, either. I have no idea if the food is any good, so I leave that up to those of you who are brave enough to enter and sit in a place in such bad physical shape. All I can say is that this place is in desperate need of some renovations and cleaning. There were a few customers who apparently like this setting. Perhaps if I could close my eyes, I would like the food. I just could NOT get by the extremely poor conditions of this diner.

2  Thank cnytraveler616