“Worth checking out”

Got a photo?
Add it.
HoliMont
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest private ski resort in North America offering downhill skiing and snowboarding.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Avid skier of 35 years - I had heard of this place but though it was strictly private. I have come to know that it's open to the public Monday - Fridays. Well here we are late in the season and they are one of the few operating in this region. So I checked it out. My intent was to ski Holimont on the first day and Holiday Valley on the next. I had such a great time that I skied both days at Holimont. Slopes are of Northern exposure with true fall lines. No lift lines and still making fresh tracts at 3 in the afternoon. Friendly employees and skiers, made me feel more than welcome at this semi - private resort. Think I might return this week because they have plenty of snow base, open til April 13th and lift tickets are only 45 bucks. And the kicker is the town of Ellicotville is really nice.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We usually ski at Holimont when we are in Ellicottville. Great resort, good runs, excellent snow making and grooming. The food in the lodge is excellent and well priced. Our family skied here again this past February long weekend and really loved the atmosphere very family oriented. The staff are great they treat you like family.I would highly recommend Holimont for your ski outing.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Holimond is a private ski club that 'lets' non-members ski there Monday through Friday. I have to compare it to Holiday Valley, where we ski regularly. It's the other side of the mountain. Ski conditions were great, on a bright sunny, very cold day. Well groomed and they leave a section on a couple of runs with moguls for the hot-shots with bionic knees. No line-ups. They dont have as many runs as HV, but enough to keep it interesting for the day. We had a veggie burger at the cafe which was delicious. People are very friendly there. Maybe because they are all members. Will probably ski there again.

1  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I think this ski resort is private on weekends. We went on a Friday, the crowds were thin. They have a trail for everyone, from easy to tight & difficult. Some trails are bad, some were to flat so it was like cross country skiing, making you fight to get somewhere. Others were so far away that you had to take boring flat trails to get to it and then take that same boring trail back.

A good bit of the challenging trails were awesome. I love how they zig zag, some were steep, and some really tight. I'd say if there was one thing about this resort that was better than holiday valley it would be the challenging trails.

To my surprise, the locals weren't snobs and very inviting since its a private resort.

The lodge food was way to pricey for not so good food. The lodge felt like a town fire hall. So bring your own food, crowds were light and parking was tight. I'd hate to see parking on a busy day.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is a very small, historic ski lodge, built by local residents in the early 1900s. The outdoor setting is the attractive element with an easily accessible patio at the base of the ski hill. It desperately needs some maintenance and updating, such as removing a smelly, ugly, cigarette dispenser located directly on a main entrance doorway.