“Wow - get the cod fish fry”

McArdle's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Fairport
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Description: Welcome to McArdle’s Restaurant. We are a family owned and operated restaurant located just outside the village of Fairport near the Erie Canal. The attention to detail, quality and superior service makes McArdle’s a locals’ favorite. As you enter McArdle’s the first thing you will notice is the warm interior woodwork and the high backed wood booths crafted from hand selected pieces of white ash. These private booths provide the perfect setting for an intimate date night or family night out.
Reviewed 1 April 2017

On a Friday night - try the cod fish fry! It's delicious and different! Food is great. Service is great. Owner came over to check on us.

It's like a pub with pub style food - but really good pub style food!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Due to life circumstances, we haven't been going out to eat as much. Last night, talked my husband into driving out to Fairport. I wanted to try McArdles again. It is obvious this place is doing quite well, and I think there a few reasons. The service is friendly and attentive, the atmosphere is cozy and fun (the booths are wooden high backs which give a sense of privacy), the food is decent, and the owner is super engaged in making sure things run well. Both times I've visited, he has stopped by to make sure all was okay. I can't emphasize enough how important that is to a successful business. Usually, my criteria for rating a restaurant is mostly based on the food, but at this place, the food is actually not what stood out to me. The food wasn't bad, it was just good. All of the other factors that make dining out enjoyable, however, score this restaurant a 5 for me.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I had their lamb stew special. Tasty. Service was polite and fast. Very comfortable booths. I'm a big guy and did not feel squeezed. Prices were reasonable. 4 of us was $130 with a nice tip.

John A, Owner at McArdle's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thank you John B. We are glad you found us. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Last Friday my husband and I went to one of our favorite restaurants. I ordered the scallop special. The owner himself brought the meal. The scallops were charred as were the asparagus. I complained and all he said was sorry, I'll take it off the bill. Well now, McArdles is off our bill.

Hi Lisa,

I am sorry you didn't feel I handled your issue properly. It was my understanding that we offered to recook your meal or get you something else. When you did not want us to do that, I removed the item from your bill.
You have been coming here a long time and you know the quality that comes out of our kitchen. Not that we are perfect, every so often we do make a mistake but we always try to make it right with our guests.

We always enjoy seeing you two and I hope you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The food is traditional American style. We popped in for a quick dinner. It was early so we had a pick of booths to sit in. The service was quick and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Thank you so much for your positive review. We look forward to serving you again soon.