“Not what I expected”

Pizza Chef
Ranked #42 of 104 Restaurants in Fairport
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I expected to have a good experience considering all the good reviews that they've received. I was very disappointed. First, the website described a special price for large pizzas on Mondays, and the girl who answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about. When I picked the pizza up I showed the guy at the counter a copy of their website with the advertised special. The guy then asked the girl to come up front and look at the sheet that I brought in. They were both surprised to see it. I asked the girl if she had ever seen their own website and, with a smirk, she said that she hadn't. I asked the guy the same question and he hadn't seen it either. He ended up giving me the posted price so I was ok with that. The pizza was not very good. It was greasy and the sauce wasn't good either. It was cooked well, but the toppings weren't spread evenly and the sausage was too clumpy and not spread enough. The dough was chewy and there was nothing about it that was good enough to have me coming back.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I am visiting family in Fairport and decided to try Pizza Chef based on reviews on another review site. This is a sole proprietor pizza place, and we wanted something that wasn't a chain/franchise, so gave it a spin. We ordered a large pepperoni thin crust. They weren't very busy,despite being 7pm on Saturday. I decided to go there instead of having the pizza delivered. They have a very small eat in area. Drinks are all bottled. It was around $14 for our large pepperoni, and the pizza was ready in less than 15 minutes. Pizza was pretty good, both my wife and thought it had a nice flavored sauce, but it could have used just a little more, so if you like a lot of sauce, be sure to request it. Plenty of cheese and pepperoni. This was not the pathetic pizza's you see at some places that is literally a cheese cover crust. Good thin crust. I would buy there again, especially for the money. However, reviews at another site suggested this pizza was to die for. I don't think so. This is good pizza for a fair price. End of story.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Very good thin NY style pizza. Would give it a 5 star once I have it more often. will go again.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook