“Pleasant surprise”

Caracara Mexican Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Caracara Mexican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 138 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 26 September 2016

My husband and I have eaten there three times now and are very excited to have found a very good Mexican restaurant near the American Airpower Museum where we spend a lot of time. The food is plentiful, well seasoned and cooked very well. In addition the staff is attentive, pleasant and on top of their game. The table side guacamole is excellent.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We went on a Friday night. It was busy and loud in the main restaurant due to several large parties. We chose to sit at a high top in the bar. The waiter was attentive and even gave me a sample of the mole poblano because I was worried about the heat/spice level. It was delicious! We ordered queso fundido with chorizo (app), enchilada de mole poblano, and enchilada mixtas. The complementary chips and 2 salsas were heavy cilantro which I loved. They have a tequila bar with a wide array of tequilas. Overall a little pricey for Mexican, but I don't mind since the food was delicious! I'm looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Everything about Caracara was spot on. From the nachos to the desserts, I enjoyed it all. Attentive, but not "hawkish" service, interesting decor, and not overly priced. Great spot!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The food is very consistent .... dishes are freshly made and seasoned well. It's one of my go-to places for brunch on Sundays and often during the month. Would highly recommend CaraCara.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Caracara is a nice restaurant and the food is good just way more than Mexican food should be. If it was better priced would go more often.