“Delicious!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I chose this restaurant for my birthday with my family. We originally had plans for dinner there, but made a last minute decision to have a late lunch there instead. We ended up getting there around 3 PM and the place was empty, except maybe one other table, which surprised me because there was some kind of Irish bar crawl happening up and down Main Street. I'm guessing since Chichimecas is on the other side of the railroad tracks, the drunken revelers didn't feel like walking that far. Or maybe they don't like margaritas (silly people)! The restaurant is very decorative and my kids loved it right away!!! They said it reminded them of the Mexican restaurant in Disney World.

Our waiter led us to a table upstairs where we were all alone, except for another waiter who was ripping paper for the tables. Kind of weird. They gave us our chips and salsa, our menus and water. And then left us alone for about 10 minutes. I got very anxious that I had chosen a bad restaurant. Nobody asked us if we wanted drinks or anything. My husband had to get the attention of the guy prepping the paper so we could get drinks. Our waiter appeared and we finally gave him the drink order (yay) and this is when things improved.

My margarita was delicious. My husband said it was the tastiest Negro Modelo he'd ever had (might be the special glass). The chips and salsa were delicious, but we still ordered the nachos as an appetizer, which were so good. I'd had bad nachos at a restaurant a couple of weeks prior, so it was refreshing to finally get some good ones!! I ordered the chicken enchiladas huastecas, where were very yummy and filling (couldn't finish it all). My husband got three steak tacos, which he said were amazing. He finished them all. There is no children's menu, so both my boys got the quesadillas, one with chicken, one with beef. They both loved them, but couldn't finish; the portions were very big.

I asked for another margarita and casually said to my husband, "Its my birthday. I deserve just one more." The waiter heard me and shortly after appeared with a complimentary flan (yummy yummy yummy) and a sombrero for me to wear while he the other guy sang happy birthday. It was a very nice end to a delicious meal!

I would definitely recommend giving Chichimecas a try! We will be going back!!!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I went to Chichimecas because my friend Walter’s 10 year son Harry never had a burrito and I was not sure where to go. I went online and after reading reviews about several Mexican places I chose Chichimecas based on the reviews and cost too. Didn’t want to spend a lot of money and find out the kid hates Mexican food. Well we made a good decision. We were seated very quickly and started off with a shrimp appetizer which was very good. They also brought out some other ‘on the house’ appetizer and I honestly don’t remember what it was but it was tasty. We each had a chicken burrito. It was huge and it was very filling. I asked if the burrito (wet burrito actually, which means it has some reddish salsa like sauce and cheese on top) came with rice and beans and that I would like black beans instead of refried beans. When the burrito arrived there were no rice and beans on my plate and I asked where are my rice and beans and the waiter (who was very friendly) said it was inside my burrito. As I ate my burrito I hardly noticed any black beans and didn’t really notice the rice either. Next time I might ask if I can have the rice and beans on the side. Then fact that I said next time is a good thing. We ordered dessert and I forget the name of it. It was a crispy sweet cake like tart with some cream inside. We gobbled it up in seconds. The waiter came by with another plate of it and said “here have some more…on the house”. I was shocked. I will go back and give this place another try. Very festive atmosphere, the food was served quickly and tasted good and it was not overpriced. My friend’s son loved his burrito by the way. I would recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Good food, easy location, server was very attentive, lunch menu available and cost was affordable. Parking is across the street.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Great food
The staff was super friendly towards my 15 month old daughter
Great "on the house" app and dessert

Reviewed 26 November 2016

I was introduced to this gem of a restaurant a couple of years ago when a friend held a baby shower there. It was so good we have been back several times since. Tonight we celebrated my Birthday there. AS always the food was fantastic and the service wonderful. I felt as if I were visiting the home of a friend. The owner Alex has two other excellent restaurants in Huntington, Oaxaca and Quetzalcoatl . Tonight we were serenaded with live music for my birthday I was given a fancy sombrero to wear and a delicious piece of Tres Leches cake with a candle.in it. We love this place and hope you will too!! UPDATE A small municipal parking lot is available across the street from the restaurant. ... a new, , larger one is being installed one building away from the restaurant