“Peaceful getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

drossi333...
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Peaceful getaway”
Reviewed 2 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I wanted to spend my birthday peacefully away from the noise and traffic of the city.
Just me and my dog.
The Belleayare Cozy Cabin did not disappoint.
From the moment I walked in, what struck me first was how spotless and neat it was. And warm!
It truly felt like coming home. It was light and airy and the views of the mountains were lovely. On my first morning there, while making coffee, I looked out the kitchen window and saw the biggest, fattest deer ever. The weather did not cooperate so I was not able to leave the cabin much. It was fine with me.
I had everything I needed right there. The little kitchen is perfectly stocked with all
the utensils and small appliances you could need. I brought my own french press but there is a coffee maker for those who use it
Don't forget to bring bottled water enough for drinking and making coffee. The well water can be unpleasant if you are a city dweller.
And of course plenty of food and wine if you don't want to drive to town.
I was not able to BBQ because of the weather, but there is a Webber gas grill on the wrap around deck that I can't wait to use on my next trip.
There is wi-fi, speakers, a land line (for emergencies, I suppose), ROKU and a small tv with Netflix, HULU, etc. (for those addicted to tv) and security cameras allow you see all around the outside of the cabin in case you get spooked at night. There were also a few board games and cards.
I brought my Echo and just listened to music, drank mimosas and build fires in the
fireplace. You must bring your own wood though. The wood outside is not ready to be burned.
For me, it was the peaceful retreat i needed and I will certainly come back in the summer and again in the fall to catch the foliage.

Ahmed S
“Excellent and memorable stay”
Reviewed 14 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

A couple of friends and I booked this cabin to get away from our busy lives. I have to say that everything was perfect. The place had wifi, netflix, heating, cooking utensils and an awesome fireplace. We went there on one of the coldest days of this winter but couldn't get a slight hint of the weather outside. The best part was that it was in the woods and away from the populated areas which is what we were looking for. Hope to visit this place again during the summers.

Dawn H
“This location is Amazing...”
Reviewed 26 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Our stay at Belleayre cozy cabin was wonderful! It accommodated comfortably, our family of 4. The bedroom was as depicted In pictures online perfect to accomdate us. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed. Coffee , sugar tea and some seasonings. Paper towel, foil l paper .... really all we needed to bring was food and clothing . The location was about 5 min car ride from Belleayre ski resort . Perfect to come back for a rest and hot lunch then return for ⛷ . Supermarket in Margaretville had great beer/food selection and a 15 min drive from cabin. Lots of cute little restaurants 10 min drive away . Della the house manager was very helpful There is plenty of entertainment inside the cabin -wifi , tv, provided games which the kids utilized while we had a glass of win in front of the fireplace. The highlight is the deck where the views are stunning of the mountain .

A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect Cozy Cabin”
Reviewed 3 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I love this place. My husband loves this place! Fluffy & Mickey (our dogs) love this place! It's so cozy and nice. I only have great things to say about this Cabin. We wanted to get away to somewhere peaceful and we got that and more. The view is beautiful! We will definitely come back soon.

David P
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Vacation – such a shame about the beds!”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We booked our week’s vacation away between Saturday October 29th and November 3rd 2016 to escape the annoyance of Halloween in NYC. The cabin itself is adequate & well presented with a great porch to hangout on and take in the fresh air. Wonderful scenery with absolute silence made this a very relaxing stay. The cabin was satisfactory apart from the curtains on each window needed replacing as they didn’t fit. The heating was very difficult to adjust (more often than not it didn’t work), the outside lighting was faulty and had to be fixed during our stay, and the sleeping arrangements were very poor. The ‘double-bed’ located in the only small bedroom is not for 2 people and in my opinion should be swapped out for a regular queen or king-size bed. The bunk beds made the small bedroom even smaller and could do with being removed. As an alternative, sleeping on the futon/couch’s was extremely uncomfortable.

Contrary to other reviews that I have read, the cabin is NOT ‘well stacked’ with food items except for a few essentials (I presume) left by previous residents. All kitchen amenities are available though. Fleischmann’s has a small store close-by, which is both expensive and lacking in decent produce. There is a decent supermarket in nearby Margaretville. Regardless, we took the liberty to drive 53 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart and stock-up, which was well worth the drive. The pizza from Donatello’s located in Arkville some 5 miles away was terrible at best.

This said, we had a great time hiking around the area and visiting plenty of local tourist spots. It’s a beautiful part of the country to visit especially during fall which is spectacular at this time of year. Belleayre Cosy Cabin might not be the right choice for everyone but we had a terrifically relaxing time away from the city and even booked to stay an extra night. I would fully recommend it to anyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
12 Nov 2016
Thank you for staying with us. We were very happy that you have chosen to extend your stay with us. As you might know, lightbulbs sometimes need replacement so we were happy to change them for you as soon as you have requested it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing