“Hoping for the something better”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rookie's Restaurant and Pizzeria
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Hope you are not in a hurry. I phoned in my order at 610pm and was told it would be ready in 15 minutes. I arrived at 630 and my order was not ready. The order had not even been started. I watch in disgust as the waitress told phone order after phone order it would be 15 or 20 minutes. Where is the management? My order was finally ready at 7pm. No apology for the wait. No discount for the wait. No here's a few garlic nots. No coupon for the next time i come back. I would love to say that the food worth the wait but i cant. it was nothing special..

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Pizza is delicious, only place in town that their sauce does not give mr heartburn. Friendly and family oriented.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner with my wife. We weren't starved so we ordered the Large Antipasto and an order of stuffed potatoe skins.
Not much to the antipasto. Mostly lettuce with a few olives and some picketed califlower some cheese and maybe two different kinds of cheese and meat. Pretty bland. Potatoe skins had what looked like cheese wiz and some bacon bits. The beer was cold and they had a 4 types on draft. Don't think I will go back. Much better places I the area to choose from.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Growing up here, and having 3-4 pizzerias to choose from (depending on the week), this Florida staple seems to have the magic pizza cloud hanging over it. Over the past 20 years, the names have changed, and since the Rookies name arrived, pizza has been wonderful. Even though I work in another town, I will "wait" and travel to Florida to grab some slices for lunch or even bring home a pie for dinner with the fan (20+ miles away). Love the new building!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

After months of being closed after a fire Rookies has had a soft opening. The place looks very good. They did an excellent job of redesigning the place. We ordered a large pie and it could have been cooked a longer for that crisp crust. I'm sure they will iron out the bugs with time. The pizza was good tasting and the service was good. The prices on the menu are all reasonable. We will try again soon.