“Can I give more than 5 stars?”

Mountain Brauhaus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Gardiner
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Now I've never been to Germany, but I don't think I need to after eating at Mountain Brauhaus. My sister got married in a nearby town (Wallkill, NY) and this restaurant was suggested to us. 4 of us went and we ordered the Bavarian Pretzel with Gouda & Horseradish Dip, a cup of Goulash, Sauerbraten, Jaeger Schnitzel, Spaetzle Primavera, and an amazing dish off the special menu that was like pastry triangles with meat and cheese. To go with our entrees, we also ordered potato pancakes (comes with applesauce, get sour cream as well), mashed potatoes, and German potato salad. Honestly it may be one of the best meals I have EVER had. I don't anticipate any other reason to come to this area EXCEPT to eat at Mountain Brauhaus again. GO if you are nearby. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! Also, our waitress was the best, we were originally going to order Beef Rouladen and she steered us away from it. Gotta love the honesty.

1  Thank KKJBB3

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The food here is really excellent and the atmosphere very nice. BUT ... the absurd waiting times completely ruined the experience: after a 2 hour wait to be seated, we waited MORE THAN 1 hour after ordering to the served. This at 9:30 at night! I suspect that the kitchen has an efficiency/work flow problem. We were not the last customers to leave at 10:15PM !!!

1  Thank Doctr_John
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We had dinner there yesterday.The staff was excellent despite a full house..Large parties had filled most of the seats. We just needed a deuce and we sat down in 5 minutes. Excellent wine list, Melissa was a great waitress. The food, I had the Goulash Soup..Excellent..Then the Sauerbraten with red cabbage, kraut, and potato pancake... The portion size was big!. The preparation was perfect and flavors really excellent..My wife had a burger perfectly cooked..Desserts were also excellent after such a fine dinner..I had the strudel with some vanilla ice cream... Hard to believe but this restaurant has significantly improved over the last 5 years..It was always good, now it is world class...As good as Europe...No kidding...Price was very reasonable especially for the quality and portions...

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wandered into an extremely busy Friday night dinner scene and happened to find two seats at the bar! This began a lovely dining experience, with kind and knowledgeable bar staff, delicious German food, and a huge selection of beer and cocktails. We had a fantastic dinner here and highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I eat there whenever I get the chance, and got there again this past week. If I could go everyday, I would. Just thinking about the pot roast and dumplings makes my mouth water. It's my favorite and the food is exceptional.