“Great ambience, okay food, great service ”
Review of Halsey's

Halsey's
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Halsey's was chosen by my guest as our dinner location. The initial impression is of a warm and welcoming dining experience. The server, Mary Jo, was pleasant, attentive and prompt.
My guest is a repeat customer and recommended many of the menu items. She chose the scallops and I selected the salmon salad. The salad was good, but not sure that I would order it again. Apparently the scallops were great as they quickly disappeared.
The wine list is extensive and I had 2 excellent glasses of red, from different wineries. The Keuka choice was terrific.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I have become a firm believer in the TripAdvisor reviews that helps me chose places for my dinners when I am traveling. The reviews were spot on. We all had something different- My brother tried duck for the 1st time. The duck done medium rare with sweet potatoes fries dinner and he loved it. My sister had steak with asparagus and the steak was very tender. I had vegetable lasagna that was lovely. We were spent the wine tasting so the server kept our water full which greatly appreciated. We had lovely meal.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

For a well cooked meal and a classy ambiance this is your place. We enjoy the unique menu with options for a full gourmet meal or a scrumptious brick oven pizza. Can be crowded at times so call ahead for reservations. Lots of place to eat that feel a bit more private. Great ambiance! Our service has always been friendly and efficient with a wait staff that has full knowledge of the menu choices and specials. Prices on the high side but a great place to get a quality dinner. Bar drinks are also well made by skillful bartenders!

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Dined here for dinner with friends. We did call ahead for a reservation and our table was ready when we arrived. They do have a nice size bar if you have to wait. The restaurant interior is comfortable. They are known for their wood fired pizza but also have other entrees the salmon was a favorite at our table. Our waitress was very busy and had to run up and down the stairs as we were seated upstairs, but was spot on and we did not wait long for anything. Restaurant is downtown, easy to find, and easy to get to. We will return next time we are in town.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

The food is excellent, you must have a reservation and be prepared to wait even if you do. It can be loud depending on where you sit.