“Old fashioned diner, hometown flavor, huge portions, yummy breakfast!!”
Review of Sweet Sue's Diner

Ranked #58 of 94 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 December 2015

The building does not put on airs, but once inside it's an old fashioned hometown diner where th cooking happens righ before your eyes. Great selection of breakfast combos, wonderful coffee...wait staff were authentic and unobtrusive, knew what you neede just before we did. The prices were very frugal. A wonderful local wonder..will visit again, and again, and again...

Reviewed 5 October 2015

generous servings, (luckily they offer half-size portions). Outstanding (huge, the size of small pizza) pancakes. Place gets busy so service responsiveness does suffer, but is well worth the wait.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

family run, decor very old and plain but food and value top notch. Its slow to get prepared but they do it right. worth the wait

Reviewed 2 September 2014

An employee at the Ganondagan site (about 40 minutes away!) recommended this place to us for great diner food in a not-fancy place. We stopped by for lunch around 1pm but found it was closed with a "Closed - No Help" sign on the door (the regular hours posted on the door were something like 5am to 2pm). We came back again the next morning for breakfast and found that it sure was a good place to come in for a large pile of good food for a very low price.

The food was good but not fantastic, and it was a great deal for the price considering the portion size. I'll generalize by saying that everything was skillfully cooked just right but plain in flavor. One of us had a veggie omelette - it was really large and tasted very good. One of us had a (lunch) roast beef sandwich with gravy and fries which was pretty average, though the beef itself tasted better than average. Two of us got the "3 eggs, 1/2 portion homefries, and 1/2 portion meat", and that was a lot of food - I'm glad we didn't ask for the full order of potatoes. The homefries were too plain for my taste (fixed by salt and pepper at the table!), but they were cooked just right. The same goes for the eggs.

None of us got a pancake, but I did see the remains of the large pancakes on the plates of 2 other diners who had already left (one ate 1/4 and the other ate 1/2), and they looked really nicely made, browned just right, and fluffy.

Our waitress also did the cooking, and was later joined by one other cook and one waitress. Even though there were only 6 people in the place before we arrived, and they appeared already to have gotten their food, it took a long time for our 4 orders to get cooked (20-25 minutes?). The diner got MUCH more crowded as we were finishing our meals, and it seemed like the service got a little faster but still would have been considered slow by our standards. Maybe they were just getting up to speed while we were there?

I'd like to return and try their lunch meals.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I posted pics to cover our meal. For being a few waitresses and at max two cooks behind the counter. I really can't complain. Yes I would love seasoning on my home fries. This is a diner not a high scale restaurant. So,I know if I want that get my bum I'm the kitchen. All the food gets cooked on the same griddle. I have been hesitant to try the pancake merely for the size. But for just under twenty tip included and not needing lunch for the hubby. And breakfast tomorrow for me. Pretty worth it if you ask me.

1  Thank wd2stk