“Dinner with my wife Janelle and our friend Shelby”

Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva on the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 92 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$9 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Geneva On The Lake, an elegant European style getaway in the midst of Finger Lakes Wine Country offers 29 beautiful suites each furnished with Stickley. It's a special-occasion place perfect for celebrating a birthday or anniversary or for gathering family or friends. Enjoy candlelight dining with live music in the historic and beautiful Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva On The Lake which features hand-stenciled, coffered ceilings, marble columns, 17th century side chairs and Chinese vases that glow in the warmth of candlelight. The chefs bring a superb sense of flavor to the outstanding cuisine using local farm fresh ingredients. The knowledgeable serving staff offer friendly service and gracious hospitality. In Summer, enjoy a breathtaking view of our gardens and Seneca Lake while savoring breakfast and lunch al fresco on The Terrace. Cocktails and light fare are offered every afternoon on The Terrace in season. We invite you to sip an outstanding Finger Lakes wine while taking-in the fabulous view. Tuesdays, in Summer, we feature great, local Jazz and Bluegrass groups on The Terrace. Celebrate the most memorable moments of your life at Geneva On The Lake.
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Wonderful dinner, Noah was our waiter Excellent. My wife and our friend Shelby had the Filet a la Diane with roasted cauliflower and broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes. I had a delicious salmon dish topped with crabmeat along with with the same roasted vegetables. Wonderful ambiance and decor. Highly recommended. Also my wife and Shelby had Bananas Foster prepared table side, absolutely fantastic

Reviewed 29 October 2016

We were guests at the inn. Enjoyed a delightful dinner in the lovely dining room. It was such a treat to have not only fresh flowers but also a real candle taper on the table (not the usual tea light in a votive). Heavy silverplate and beautiful china. A gentleman playing the piano throughout the evening. We started with curried cauliflower soup, which was perfect for a chilly evening. I had chicken, which was outstanding. You could really taste that they used local, pastured chicken, so moist and flavorful. My husband had salmon and scallops in a rich sauce. We came home with enough for lunch the next day. The dessert menu sounded wonderful but we had no room. Excellent service.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We found this beautiful establishment late last night and was fortunate to stay in the last room available. The condo space was very comfortable-two floors, sitting room, kitchen,powder room two bedrooms and full bath. Ate a great dinner in their restaurant- both my husband and I enjoyed the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus ...delicious! The Waite staff was very attentive,friendly and personable especially waitress Genna! Explored the grounds which extended to lake..wonderful! Would definitely stay again(on wine trail) and highly recommend it!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

The food was under-salted and bland-- despite the twigs of thyme sticking out of my flavorless mashed potatoes that came with the (properly cooked) tasteless fillet. It's really too bad, because we stayed in a room within the hotel which was lovely and enjoyed the atmosphere of the facility very much. We ordered a bottle of wine from the menu and were poured a different year. When I asked about this before the waitress opened the bottle, she said they were out of the older vintage. We were charged the same price though for a far lesser bottle of wine-- I didn't appreciate this. For a diamond starred establishment, the restaurant really needs a better chef in the kitchen and a proper sommelier. Breakfast the following morning was a better experience than dinner, and I did enjoy the made to order omelettes.

1  Thank Exie R
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We dined here on our night at the inn two weeks ago as well as in the morning for breakfast. The food was first-class and the service terrific. In the evening the ambience is romantic and relaxing - the addition of a live harpist truly added to its charm. The food is sourced locally, innovative and well-presented. We enjoyed every minute of it! The only problem was that the usual bar tender was evidently off and the young server mixed my dirty martini himself. When I looked at it, I was certain he had never done this before. I asked him if he had Googled it, to which he sheepishly answered 'yes.' I gave him pointers and he offered to redo. I declined, but in the end he didn't charge me for the dirtiest martini I had ever encountered!