“Perfect for that special occasion!”
Review of Edgar's Steakhouse

Edgar's Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 94 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Celebrated my birthday at Edgar's this past weekend. The atmosphere, menu, wine list, staff and the architecture are sure to please. There is nothing they won't do to make this exceptional for you!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I don't understand some of the earlier, negative reviews, as our dinner here was probably one of the best I've ever had (maybe those other guests had an "off day/night").

Having never eaten in a castle before, I would have been happy with bread and water, but the meal was SO much more than expected (in fact, it was "beyond" what I hoped for, esp. after reading the earlier posts on this site).

We were lead through a series of rooms to one that overlooked Lake Seneca. Although the sun was setting, we still got a few minutes of daylight before our meals were served to enjoy the views.

We started with the mussel soup (in a red cream base) - delightful. That was followed by a wonderful house salad - delicious. Which was followed by the "main course" - a "black ink squid" pasta - to DIE for! Although VERY pricey, it was well worth the price.

This is another must go-to place while visiting Geneva!! A+++++++

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Belhurst Castle is amazing in and of itself, but this restaurant was fabulous. It overlooks the lawn and the lake, which is just stunning. The food is amazing as well!

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Since there is a limitation of where to go eat in this region, this is one of the nice restaurant for the ambiance. It's by the lake and classic decor.

I would always come back for the ambiance, but I would go for NY wine&culinary for the better taste food. The service is rather slower and reservation is recommended.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

My wife and I had dinner recently on a Monday evening.

We were greeted promptly by our server who took our drink and dinner order. We both ordered the 1 lb. Delmonico Steak ($37.) which came with vegetables du jour (sauteed squash, zucchini, & grape tomatoes) and warm bread with assorted butters. Since the entree only comes with the vegetables (no substitutes), we also ordered a side of pommes dauphine ($6.).

My wife's steak was ordered med-rare; it was slightly over-cooked and 'dry'. I ordered mine medium; although juicy and nicely seasoned, it was under-cooked and was sent back to be cooked a bit more. The potatoes were good; the vegetables were left untouched.

We had looked forward to dining at Edgar’s based on previous good experiences there but overall this visit was disappointing. The atmosphere was very relaxing with beautiful instrumental background music, our waitress was courteous and efficient, but the bottom line is it’s all about the food and the food left a lot to be desired. $37. for a pound of steak, unremarkable vegetables, and some warm bread just doesn't cut it. Rating would have been lower if not for the atmosphere and service.