“Delicious farm to table food and gluten free! Wonderful wines!”
Review of Ravinous Kitchen

Ravinous Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 92 Restaurants in Geneva
Description: Ravinous Kitchen is a farm-to-table eatery located at Ravines Wine Cellars in Geneva, NY. Ravinous Kitchen specializes in creating dishes from locally sourced produce as well as local, ethically raised meats. Each dish pairs wonderfully with Ravines wines.
Reviewed 13 December 2016

December 2016.
To begin, I would like to mention that we have been Ravineous Club members since July of this year. We are so very pleased that we joined. The club wine deliveries are perfect, and for those who live close enough, we can pick up our wine! And that gives us a chance to enjoy a wine tasting and the wonderful food from the kitchen and a bottle of wine! Each time we visit it is a treat! The barn, which holds the tasting room, and the kitchen, is situated in the vineyard and is so warm and inviting, and never disappoints.
We have attended several Ravineous Club functions since joining, and each time we have so much fun, and we cannot wait to go back!
We are delighted with the food that Chef Scott prepares, and the "icing on the cake", so to speak, is that I have Celiac Disease, so the gluten free food is like a dream come true! Since Chef Scott has Celiac, he understands the food concerns that anyone has that needs to adhere to a gluten free diet. At the Ravineous Kitchen I never have to worry about my food safety and I never have to "remind" my server that I have to be gluten free, I just order my food gluten free and trust that I am safe.
Chef Scott is a perfect advocate for eating gluten free, and he is a perfect advocate that gluten free food is delicious! And by the way, my husband will attest that any food that is not gluten free is also delicious!
Recently we attended a Ravineous Table dinner, which began with a glass of wine, a delicious appetizer, and then a guided cellar tour given personally by Ravine's winemaker Morten Hallgren. We then gathered at the Ravineous Table, along with Morten, and we were treated to course after course from Chef Scott's kitchen that pleased our eyes and our taste buds! Each course was paired with the perfect wine, along with Morten's interesting information about each wine. It was delightful that Morten shared this meal with us, and he never tired of the questions that we all asked of him! Lisa, Morten's wife, was ever present with such wonderfully friendly anecdotes and making us all feel like a big ole happy family!
As each of the courses appeared, Chef Scott's presentation and his farm to table food was a "feast for the eyes and the palate"! What made it even more wonderful is that Chef Scott introduced each course with interesting facts about the food and how he prepared it.
As home gardeners, farm to table is very important to us, and Chef Scott is very committed to supporting that philosophy.
We would highly recommend Ravines Winery and Ravinous Kitchen to everyone! The wines and the food are fabulous. The staff is fabulous and so friendly! It is a beautiful setting, and it is always fun and friendly to be there! We cannot say enough about Ravines!
Cheers to the perfectly fabulous wines! Cheers to Chef Scott's farm to table fare! And more cheers to Chef Scott's gluten free yummy food!
Cheers everyone!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I did most of the review for the kitchen with my winery evaluation. I really was put off by the indifference my being there engendered.

1  Thank Jack026