“Best Middle Eastern/Mediterranean Food in Western New York”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Byblos Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 26 Restaurants in Getzville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I don't get it. Byblos has the best hummus, babo ghanouj and other Mediterranean food in Western New York. Their stuffed grape leaves are incredible and their spinach pies are amazing. And lest me not forget the rice pudding...the best I've ever had (it blows away the rice pudding at all of those "Greek" restaurants in town. All of the food is fresh and tasty. My wife and I have been going here for years. So why is this restaurant never crowded. It is a little out of the way...on Campbell Blvd. in Amherst, but it's certainly worth the trip. The food is always fresh, the noise level is low, they have a full bar and the portions are just right. Lately, I've been taking out the Villager's Feast which is a sampling of many of the items on the menu. One very minor nits...with takeout orders it would be nice if you gave two pieces of pita bread instead of one. I hope more people discover this restaurant because the food is so good it would be a shame if it closed. Try it...I think you'll like it.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

My family and I have been going to this terrific family owned restaurant for years and we've tried everything on the menu. Our favorite way to dine is to order a wide variety of starters and small plates and share. You cannot go wrong here.

Reviewed 17 May 2015

We have been there for my birthday and most recently my wife's birthday. The food here is so good and nicely prepared. We actually need to come here more often. Friendly and courteous waitstaff.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Often go with colleagues and friends for lunch -- near the University at Buf and the 290 expressway. Byblos' falafel is the best...includes some great purple turnip pickles -- plus wonderful vegetarian soups, and attentive service. Everything is excellent -- and according to friends who know, very authentic!

You'll want to return, I guarantee!

1  Thank archlibrarian
Reviewed 4 October 2012

A Lebanese American I'm often critical of Middle Eastern restaurants; yet, even after so many years, I remain enthralled both by the quality and authenticity of the many food choices and the beautiful manner in which the friendly staff approaches their visitors. A magnificent culinary experience! Certainly a must for those special and important occasions!