“Great Thai food ”

Ranked #23 of 85 Restaurants in Glen Cove
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Where the taste of Thai is just around the corner!
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Great little hidden Thai restaurant and Glen Cove. The food is very good and they even deliver. I would highly recommend giving it a shot. The dining area is very small very comfortable. Staff is extremely friendly.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

It's great! Bring your own booze and warm up with their tom gai kai and amazing chicken wings. My husband love going there in the winter.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

This place was highly recommended, and with good reason. I got my usual Thai standby - lime-coconut soup with tofu, and it was delicious, definitely one of the better versions. I'm mostly vegetarian, although I sometimes have fish or poultry. I prefer nonspicy Thai food (but I did notice that the reviews of the spicy dishes have been excellent) so I decided to try the Pineapple Duck, and it was hands down the best duck I've ever had, Thai or otherwise. If it had been piping hot upon delivery it would have gotten five stars from me. The sauce was absolutely perfect, not too sweet, as is often the problem with the sauce for pineapple duck...it was laced with subtle spices, and the portion size was just perfect for me, although someone with a larger appetite might want to order an additional appetizer, or dessert. The atmosphere was lovely although I would have preferred music that was not rap or whatever it is that the young people are listening to these days. (it was radio! with ads.) I prefer music that is a little gentler on my digestion, but thankfully it wasn't very loud. I was traveling, and this was a solo visit for my birthday, and it was a satisfying and lovely experience. Before leaving I was already figuring out how to adjust my schedule so I could fit in another visit before leaving town...and 2 days later I went back for lunch with a high school buddy I hadn't seen in 30 years-- we both loved it - we got the ginger

1  Thank Meryl Ann B
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Yes, the Thai couple running this place are sweet. But that doesn't make up for the food. I've reviewed over 100 Thai restaurants, and give Sopah an average rating. I had Pad Thai with tofu, and there wasn't any flavor to speak of, and the tofu was rubber-y and tough. Not enough sprouts or ground peanut, but at least there was a small lime slice. BYOB. Decor was OK, but the should really play some music to create an atmosphere. But this is the only Thai place around, so it beats driving half an hour or more.

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

This was my first time eating here and the food was amazing especially for the price. Service was very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely be back here again.