“Needs some TLC”

Chateau Motor Lodge
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Grand Island
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

An old highway motel from ages passed. Cheapest I found in the area. Relatively clean and quiet. If the owners would put so time and money into it, the place would be very nice and they could charge more.
On second thought never mind.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Ok, to start off I might be comparing apples and oranges here, but my son and I stayed here on a Sunday night. I made a few jokes about the tiny little packets of shampoo & conditioner and that there was some hair on the bathroom floor. NOT the biggest deal. The next night I got a hotel in Baltimore, MD that made me want to come back here and stay my entire vacation! lol |

My son did the research and found this place online. Best price, closest to the Falls. I believe my son did a great job. It is 15 minutes away from the Falls, we got to sneak a peak at Niagara before it got dark, but my son said we "had to check in before 9PM" so we headed there. Still light out, the door was locked and we had to ring the bell. A man comes to the door, unlocks it, and walks away. UH, not the best greeting but oh well. I open the door and immediately get some odd black gunk on my hand. Weird. I thought my son paid but the man curtly said we had only made the reservation, so I paid and we got room #7. We weren't given the wi-fi password but later when I was outside taking down the phone number the man must have known as he opened the door and gave me the password, NICE. Unfortunately, as many have stated Wi-Fi sucked, my son refused after barely using it and I didn't even try. (therefore cheap hotel cost me an extra $10 because I need more data lol but OK, not from just one night here, trust me)
The PROs of staying here. I felt safe, priority number one. I was comfortable. We both had nice clean beds, it didn't even cross my mind to check for bed bugs which I had to do the very next night (Stay away from Knights Inn Baltimore)
You could see that the carpet had been vacuumed, they had a fridge and a microwave in room and the outside was very cute. Pond, fish, baby rabbits. flowers. It was quiet and I got my first good nights sleep here.
So, overall I was very pleased about the cost and the choice of being here.

My son read many of the reviews on google, and I wish the manager would reply to people more professionally, but we enjoyed some laughs. After trying to find a decent place to sleep in Baltimore, I have nothing but love for this place!

If I ever come to this area again, yes! I would return. Oh and the chinese food place down the road (near a Subway sandwich shop) was good food, even if they close at 9 PM and don't want you to eat there. lol

I wish I could share photos of the animals I saw outside, but I am using my sons computer. Do take a few minutes to talk a nice walk here if you can!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I frequently look to stay at small, independently owned motels, partially for the nostalgia factor, and partially because they're usually unique and often cheap. This place is quite well maintained for its age. The grounds are actually beautiful with a lot of landscaping, flowers, a small pond, and what looks like all-new parking lot paving. Our room was large and very clean. The bathroom has double sinks and a walk-in shower. There's an HDTV with Dish TV service. The beds weren't too comfortable, but then we're used to our memory foam mattresses at home. The maid was fun to talk to and was very helpful. About the only complaint was that the curtains were thin and let in a lot of light during the night.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2016

First of all, one thing about Niagara falls and the stay around - its a very expensive touristy place and all the hotels, inns, lodges in the area are priced around 25-30 % extra on weekends/vacations. Secondly they will charge you an one dollar toll (cash-only) every-time you attempt to visit the state park. So a place like chateau motel lodge is ideal for a day or two stay. But if you are comparing it with the different inns costing more than 200 USD per day and offering big beds, breakfast and all the perks then you would be disappointed. we paid around 300 total for a weekend stay, for a family of 5 and i think that was okay for the last weekend before start of school.
don't expect much and you wont be disappointed. The hotel is a old building with a serially arranged series of 8-10 rooms of different sizes. Parking is ample.
The housekeeping is neat and clean and they change linen, towels on regular basis.
the entire hotel staff was warm and friendly.

Pros: Hotel rooms are neat and clean. The room size is large. Easy connectivity to niagara state park (15 mins away). Lots of food options nearby (mc mahon, mc donalds, pizza). The rooms have microwave and fridge if you are planning on carrying your own food. Not much staff on property except one clerk and housekeeping. you may not find anybody in the office if you are planning to check in late. The hotel has a nice little tranquil rock garden with fountain and swings for families to relax on late summer evenings.
Cons: old furniture, bed stand legs broken at places. The bathroom door was heavy and clumsy and not closing properly. the air-condition Cooling was ok. No nearby options for coffee/breakfast so you would probably need a vehicle for breakfast/lunch. Best plan is to eat at the falls and return back. IMPORTANT: the hotel advises Wi-fi but the signal strength is very poor, probably one of those signals where you need to stand at a particular option to get good internet connectivity.

Overall: the stay was ok, got the moneys worth but if you are looking for a luxury stay best to avoid at the place and stay at the inns closer to the Niagara state park. try calling the owner direct (Mr. Singh) to book, may be cheaper than if you book via the travel websites.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ground floor with parking in front of the room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I don't understand the other reviews here. This was one of the worst lodgings I have ever used. The bed was so painful I went out to try and sleep in my car. Unfortunately it was really too hot and the car was a compact with little comfort to be had. Bed felt like it had a board ON TOP OF the mattress. Room felt unsafe. No phone at all in the room. No phone means no way to call the desk with questions. I had to go to the office to find out how to work the air conditioner and the wifi. The desk clerk kept giving me misinformation about wifi login requirements. Hotel must have been built around 1960 and all furniture was completely outdated.
If this room was the only alternative to camping outside on a cold rainy night it might have offered some worth. When we went it must have been bad timing because room cost was $110 a night. The night before I stayed in a room at the Irondequoit Hampton close to the same price. The Hampton Room was about 4 times the size of this one and was clean and new; luxurious compared to this one.

Room Tip: get a different place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
9.4 km away
Motel 6 Niagara Falls
Motel 6 Niagara Falls
#29 of 51 in Niagara Falls

Been to Chateau Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!