“Great Atmosphere”

Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Ate there on a Sunday. It was a beautiful, sunny day. Canal Cafe is located at a marina so the view of the Shinnecock Inlet as the boats go by is beautiful. My husband had the lobster roll, which they are famous for, and I tasted it and it was delicious. The best thing about it was that it was not served on a hot dog roll of rather a ciabatta roll. It csme with fries.I had the grilled shrimp tortilla that was a special and it was also very delicious. It had 6 large grilled shrimp served with tortilla, lettuce, beans,etc. My only recommendation to the chef is to maybe add a dollop of guacamole and sour cream to the dish, but that is my preference.
There was a live band playing music on the side. They were very good and the best part was that they were not very loud so if you're sitting at a table having dinner you can actually speak with each other.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

The hostesses are b**ches and could care less about customer service. They told us they "lost us" after an hour or waiting all while laughing at us. When we called to speak with the manager Missy, the hostess explained that she was the manager and continued to talk back to my mother while she was on the phone. No apology was given. We will not be going back.

2  Thank Trish M
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Canal cafe has good food in comfortable atmosphere adjacent to the bay. My fav is lobster rolls - best from May thru August.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice location on canal. Service and food were good and lobster roll stood out, bit every dish was good. Cannot think of better outside lunch place in Hampton Bays

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love the canal cafe - they have delicious lobster rolls and their specials are always phenomenal. I’ve been here many times and the food and views never disappoint. It’s my first stop whenever I get out here. The only reason they loose a star is there is Always a bit of a wait (definitely worth the wait though) and that keeps he spot from being perfect. Great spot for lunch or dinner on the water!