“my 1st hibachi experience, it is worth it”
Review of TANI (Hida)

TANI (Hida)
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New Owner, Hida To Tani
Reviewed 22 January 2017

it was my 1st time in a Japanese restaurant , and it was wonderful, the chef cooks in front of the dining table , doing an amusing show. the food is great , the hostess is amazing and very friendly , perfect staff and chef ,. my only disappointment was that food was a bit late .

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Hida Japanese Restaurant Beautiful Scenery.It's a nice place and all food Delicious 정말 분위기 좋고 기분 전환하는데 꼭 가볼만한 곳입니다 아울러 뉴욕에서 40 분정도 그리고 드라이브 코스로도 좋고 맛있는 식사하고. 우드베리 아웃렛으로 쇼핑도 하고 HIDA 에서 40 분거리 좋습니다

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Came here twice, once for hibachi and once for a regular dinner. Both times were disappointed.

Drinks:
My wife learned after the first visit to stay away from mixed drinks, even though they have a full bar most are made with concentrated syrups and nothing real. Second time she got a glass of wine and while it was expensive it was also very disappointed. Stick to a beer and you should be ok.

Food:
Hibachi was what you'd expect, the ingredients were of ok quality. It's really just a show and the cook was friendly and cheerful, something that must be hard considering how dead this place is.
The rest of the menu is just bland, sushi and the likes are just ok, fresh but tasteless. They should revisit where they source from. The other meals are just the same, bland.

Cleanliness:
The place at a glance looks clean but has plenty of flies and gnats that will come say hi while you eat. Tables are sticky...

Service:
Overall the service is the best place that this place has going and it's not amazing but still outshines the rest...

Wouldn't recommend which is sad as this has the building and decor of what could be a great restaurant.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Well, I have to admit we didn't sit at the hibachi table since there were 4 of us and we wanted to talk. But we all ordered hibachi and the title of this review says it all . I ordered filet mignon medium rare, came out medium to well, no flavor what so ever. We were all disappointed . Took our left overs home and threw them out! By the way, we were the only ones in the restaurant .

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Had reservations but waited quite some time to be seated. Typical hibachi seating, same routine with the waiters flipping broccoli into diners' mouths. Ventilation is not great so the table became very smoky at times. Food is hot and fresh but flavors all seemed to be the same. Rice was seasoned the same as vegetables, the same as chicken, etc. It all tasted the same and was very salty. I like salt, and even I thought it was too salty. Had a nice time with friends here, but it was nothing special.