“Basic Chinese and Japanese ”
Review of Little Fu's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Fu's
Ranked #23 of 35 Restaurants in Hewlett
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Large menu, decent food, attentive service. They accommodated 10 of us nicely. Nice for a large group to have a range of options. Not the greatest food in the world, but perfectly acceptable. Good dumplings, good tofu. Reasonably priced drinks.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Me, my family, and my friends are looooong term customers. When I say long-term - I mean like since the mid 1990's when the restaurant was then called U82 Much - so for more than 20 years...

It has been a solid staple in all of our lives since then. The service and the food - and the drinks - were always great. (Sometimes things might be a little salty - but that was generally the only problem - and a rare one.)

Recently things have changed rather drastically. It really leads me to believe that the old owners have sold. The last handful of times there the entire staff was new. All new is highly unusual as there were quite a few long-timers you would at least see once in a while if not all of the time. Again - more "proof" they sold?.?.?.

Anyway - I, my entire family, and any of my friends who were long term fans will never ever be back to this establishment. Service is TERRIBLE. Like awful, humiliating, rude, obnoxious - I could go on here...

Recently I was there and upon entering could clearly tell that something had burnt or was burning in the kitchen. It wasn't that potent to walk straight out - and hey things happen in the kitchen sometimes.

(Also - the last handful of times there - the place was EMPTY - like a ghost-town. I only just realized this - but another sign the quality has changed - and that the old owners probably sold.)

We ordered our meals. When mine came I could clearly see it was burnt. (First off - when was the last time you have been in a Chinese Restaurant and anything was ever burnt - I am guessing never since they always steam or wok everything.)

I told the waiter "I think this is burnt - may I have something else?" He claims that is how they make it - that it is good that way. I tried eating the dish and I almost wretched - it was EXTREMELY burnt.

I called the waiter over again and told him it is burnt and I am unable to eat this. He tells me I am crazy and that is how the dish is made. I tell him I ALWAYS get this dish and this is NOT how it is made. He continues to argue with me. I ask for the manager. Eventually a guy - who I have never ever seen before - comes out and claims he is the manager. He did not speak English. I tried telling him it was burnt - and he is arguing, mostly with the waiter in Chinese - who then turns to me and tells me the dish is fine and I am crazy.

I tell them to take it away as I am unable to eat it. They cleared the dish (grabbing things roughly and hurriedly by the way) - my entire setting of cutlery and dishware - even my water - and walked away. I was not apologized too - I was not asked if I wanted anything else - they did not offer any replacement. The rest of my party already had their food - and here I was with my entire place setting removed as if to tell me that I could go now. It was humiliating - and actually quite disturbing.

After paying for the meals that we did receive, we left - me being quite upset. On the way out I spoke to the hostess (another woman I had never seen in more than 20 years there) and she told me the same thing - I am crazy and that is how the dish was made.

I give up - and will NEVER be back. So sad - as I have always come for casual meals, family meals, as well as to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, etc. with up to about 12 or so other people.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

we go there often
we order many dishes but best are chicken and shrimp sizzler and we order large shrimp with string beans and broccoli in white sauce -excellent
spare ribs frequently good sometimes too fatty
sushi rolls are good sashimi and sushi is goodnot great

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Reviewers who are saying their over priced don't understand that this place is a restaurant that also does take out. The food is excellent in take out but even better in person! The prices are worth it to me because the food is authentic and the sushi is amazingly fresh.

1  Thank Thomas_Cuccio_Jr
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Lady at front taking orders is not nice at all, very expensive for a lunch special take-out. My experience was terrible, very small portion for an $10.80 General Tso's chicken lunch special! I had to beg for 2 packets of duck sauce, She insisted that therewas 2 already in the bag... (Nope, only one packet of soy sauce) Nasty, no good for take-out, maybe better if your staying to eat.
If your looking for fair, tasty, take-out, just go somewhere else!