“Great food; friendly service”
Review of Maria Bonita

Maria Bonita
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had a very enjoyable meal at Maria Bonita's on December 27, 2016. The food was very good, particularly the fajitas, enchiladas, and the coconut flan (my favorite part of the meal). The owner (or maybe owner's daughter) was our very friendly waitress. She shared some local flavor and kept us happy. I would highly recommend this quaint little restaurant in Highland Falls.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

My husband and I chose this restaurant for a late lunch and we were the only customers. The lady sitting at the bar was occupied with her cell phone. The TV volume competed with the radio music and I requested mute TV sound, which she did, and to lower the volume on the radio, which she didn't. She reassured me she could make Chile Rellenos gluten-free $11.75. My husband had a Burrito with shredded beef $11.00. She gave us the dinner menu which priced our items $3.00 above the lunch menu. Everything was delicious and my Chille Rellino was the best I'd had since at La Posta in Old Mesilla, NM. Be prepared to wait for 20 - 30 minutes for your food: everything is made to order and fresh & it is delicious.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

The four of us enjoyed a real good lunch late in the afternoon. It seemed to take longer than it should have because we were the only patrons in the restaurant. But it was worth the wait!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We went after hiking Anthony's Nose and the food was piping and delicious. The service and drinks were just right and the food hit the spot.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I hate to knock places, but hate two things bad food and poor service. Recently we took an African American friend family we had not seen in awhile and wanted a nice place to chat with decent Mexican food. I was a bit shocked at what I witnessed during this visit and won't be back. We have been to this restaurant 4 times in the last two years - this was the first time with a non-white family. The wait staff man was very nice, but the elderly matron was down right rude. She glared at our group, didn't offer any refills, didn't ask if we wanted any additional food. We had to work to get service, we had to work to get food, this was not the same restaurant we had been to previously. I did try to give her the benefit of the doubt, but when I saw her treating other non-mixed groups with open arms, I got the impression that certain people are not welcome. I am very disappointed.

1  Thank yugtac