Tiger House(Hudson)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$194
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$110
The Inn at Ca' Mea(Hudson)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$127
US$117
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Hudson B & B(Hudson)
US$190
All reviewseco cottagelavender roomat homewood burning fireplaceslept like logsevening snackschocolate cakethe hudson river valleyupstate nya wonderful place to stayyogurtthe main streetmaryfarmbooksingroundweekend
Reviewed 10 March 2016

A truly fantastic stay. Kind, thoughtful host who had chocolate chip cookies, fresh ginger tea, and a toasty fire ready upon our arrival. Very clean and nicely decorated rooms, complete with a diverse selection of books. Our room conveniently included shower robes, fresh towels, and shampoos. The highlight of our stay: a truly delicious, farm fresh breakfast! Mary prepared a memorable spread that included baked apples, jalapeno cornbread, and a stuffed omelette. It was really superb. We look forward to visiting again soon and highly recommend the trip for other couples / all!

Room Tip: Sumac Room had a leather reading chair and great selection of books, as well as private bathroom, and great views of the farm.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
herbalthyme, Owner at Thyme in the Country, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Thank you so much for that review! I just it today and it took my breath away. Your description of your stay is just what we strive to do every day for every guest. We love meeting new people and providing a relaxing and regenerative escape. Summer is so different than early spring with the emphasis being on the outdoors and our gardens. I think you both will like it!

Reviewed 19 February 2016

the BNB was great, only four rooms, organic breakfast everyday, homemade yogurt, jams, tea, cereal. The host Mary was lovely. I love small bnbs, no TV just one in the livingroom. I left there already planning my return. Very relaxing and quite. Loved it.

Room Tip: any of the rooms are fine
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review and wonderful comments. We so enjoyed meeting you both and can't wait to see you again. Spring is springing up all around us,... finally. The big news is yesterday Ruby had a calf and she is the proudest of cows. Come back this summer and you will find it very lively and with gardens to explore and the pool to sit by.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I love this B&B. I just spent 3 nights there and it was my 2nd time staying there. The house is charming but also comfortable - you feel right at home. The owner, Mary, is so friendly and helpful and makes FANTASTIC breakfasts. The first time I stayed here, I met up every day with relatives who weren't staying here and they were jealous every morning when I told them what I'd had for breakfast. Mary also serves up a treat in the evenings - we had homemade doughnuts one night, cookies another night, spice cake another night.

There are 4 rooms for rent - 2 of the rooms share a tiny bathroom. The other 2 rooms each have their own bathroom that is quite nice. The beds are comfortable and everything is clean.

If you're in the area and looking for a comfortable, charming place to stay, I highly recommend Thyme in the Country.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank EllzeyB
herbalthyme, Owner at Thyme in the Country, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish I had seen this review earlier. Business has slowed down enough now (February) and I have time to check reviews and seeing yours brought back the memories of your stay and early winter. I am so happy you all had a great stay here. Just 2 days later, "the" calf was born. HE was so adorable and only here on the farm 2 weeks. We sold him to a farmer in Virginia to grow up to be a Dutch Belted breeding bull. Hope you are enjoying a snowy winter, it never happened here. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I hope we see you all again someday. Mary

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Thyme is an absolutely fantastic b&b. Mary and Bill are great hosts and Sarah is a wizard in the kitchen, coming up with original, interesting and delicious breakfasts. Did I mention the delicious breakfasts? Our room, the eco cabin was emaculate and very comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and as a working farm with land to roam the stay was wonderful. Definitely a place to return to.

Room Tip: No bad rooms
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank biskit49

Thank you, your review helps our business thrive. Your feedback helps us plan for the coming year. When we know what guests like, we try to make it better. I do hope you will come back for another visit! Mary

Reviewed 22 September 2015

My husband and I spent 3 delightful nights in the Sumac Room at Thyme in the Country. We were so happy to have found this place, it was just what we were looking for, peaceful and bucolic, owned and operated by the warm and welcoming Koch family. Sarah, their cook, is not only a whiz in the kitchen but a pleasure to know. We also had fun playing with the family's two calm, quiet, sweet-tempered and affectionate dogs.

Located about 6 miles outside Hudson the attractive grounds include fruit trees, vegetable and herb gardens, grapevines, chicken coops, a large pond, a badminton net and set, a clean beautiful pool, cows, an eco-cabin, a fabulous 4 person glider swing, parking spots and more. I wish I'd brought binoculars as there are many species of birds on the property and we enjoyed walking around in the morning.

There are 4 bedrooms in the guest house on the second floor (the owners live in a separate house a short distance away) all with queen size beds and ensuite bathrooms, though the Lavender room shares a bath with a twin bed room and is ideal for families. They're all clean, cozy and handsomely decorated in country style. They each have special features, for example, our room had a separate clawfoot soaking tub and beautifully tiled shower with good flow, while the Rose room features a fireplace. We also had a nice desk and secretary, a very comfy leather easy chair with ottoman, and loads of storage space including a closet and chest of drawers. The room was light and airy with a view of the fields and garden. Bathrobes, iron and iron board, a good hairdryer and eco-friendly amenities, including homemade soap and fragrant peppermint shampoo and conditioner, are included. The towels are large and so soft and fluffy! We found the bed to be very comfortable with quality linens. WiFi is free, we had no trouble connecting our devices and the speed met our needs.

The main floor features the kitchen, dining room and cozy sitting rooms, one with a TV if you want one, as well as books and games. It's really like staying in the home of friends. The smells from the kitchen are enticing and there's tea, coffee, fresh milk and fruit to enjoy whenever you want, plus every afternoon Sarah bakes some scrumptious treat. Among the ones we enjoyed most were a flaky strawberry-rhubarb pie and tasty bite-sized key lime tarts. Not to mention the sweet cherry tomatoes from the garden that we popped like candies.

Then there's breakfast, a veritable gourmet feast with newly laid eggs, fresh fruit and vegetables, just-baked goodies, fruit juices or smoothies and more. I drink decaf coffee and their press-pot decaf is very good. The weather was glorious while we were there, so breakfast was served on picnic tables outdoors. It's so lovely savoring the food and taking in the scenery while enjoying the convivial company of the other guests and the family.

The lovely couple staying in the eco cabin invited us in to see it. It's beautifully decorated and features a composting toilet indoors, a sink on the porch outside and a shower a short walk away, so not for those who want all facilities ensuite, but fun for those who are seeking a true rustic experience.

There's no light pollution, so the night sky is blazing with stars. It's very quiet at night and our sleep was deep and refreshing.

It's helpful having a car to get around, though one young couple without one was using taxis successfully.

There's enough to do in the area to consume your time, though it's really nice just relaxing at the farm, especially swimming in the pool on a warm day. It's the kind of place to take your time and linger. If you're on a busy schedule you might miss some of the special charm.

We found it to be an excellent value considering all that you get, not even counting the intangible extras that are priceless. We understood why some of the guests return over and over.

Thank you Mary and Bill for making our weekend very special!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely, spacious and comfortable. Choose the feature you value most, ex. clawfoot tub or fireplace or second bedroom.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BAM1113
herbalthyme, Manager at Thyme in the Country, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

I just saw your very comprehensive review and Thank you so much for all the attention to detail and for all the time you took to write it. It is very much appreciated. We are always so busy running both the farm and B&B that we often overlook encouraging guest to write about their stay and it does make such a difference in promoting our business. Please come back this summer and visit again. We are making preparations and looking forward to another fun, food filled and wonderful summer!