“Beer + books = lazy weekend heaven”
Review of The Spotty Dog

The Spotty Dog
Ranked #21 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Reviewed 6 January 2017

If SD were a person, she'd be a total dreamboat.

Cozy, packed to the rafters with a comprehensive and beautifully diverse book selection, and armed with an arsenal of quality local beers on tap (and a solid gluten-free beer selection), it's the perfect place to park your hiney on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Sometimes staff can come across a tad surly, but are actually total sweethearts.
Wish I could live there.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

I love the Spotty Dog!! Great beers on tap and cool concept!! However, I'd like to see them expand the bar portion and have less books!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Enjoyed a drink and a chat in this friendly bar plus bookstore.....no shortage of topics when the place is full of classics

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I seriously love this place and I want to inquire how I could open up a business that emulates this in a town by me. I love books, I love beer, I love that there's a children's section and the place is kid friendly! There's also art supplies! Such a cool concept and definitely worth visiting. I could sit in there for hours which is actually what I did with some friends and my 3 and 7 year old. My 3 year old son sat down on the couch and read a book and played with stickers for a long time! Even he was relaxed in the book store and he's usually super rambunctious!

1  Thank Stacey C
Reviewed 27 June 2016

It's a bookstore that sells art supplies and serves beer, wine and snacks. There are a few tables in the front and a nice old bar on the left side of the wall. The atmosphere is low key and quiet and the craft beers were good!

Been to The Spotty Dog? Share your experiences!