“Good, bargain hotel”
Review of St. Charles Hotel

St. Charles Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

St Charles is clean, has all the basics. Just what's needed when you don't want to spend much where spend just a few hours sleeping. In and around Hudson, there's much to do and see and excellent places to eat during waking hours. The manager of the St Charles is particularly friendly and helpful. The woman at the desk is also very professional.. Thank you for contributing to a pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mal812
Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear mal812, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our amazing hotel and our perfect location. I will make sure to relay to the staff your kind words. I hope the next time you are in Hudson that you choose us again. See you soon.

Sam A - GM

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had a lovely stay. Our room looking over the park was very pleasant. Sam the front desk person, was very nice and took the extra time to make fresh coffee and visit with us. The staff was friendly. We would stay at this location again. It is in walking distance to many resturants.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank patticross91

Dear paticross91,
Thank you for taking the time to review the St Charles Hotel, Hudson! I am very glad to hear that you felt our hotel room very pleasant, great location and the hotel staff was helpful. This is what we strive for !! we look forward seeing you soon on your next visit to Hudson.

Sincerely ,
Sam A - GM

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We have stayed here twice this summer and it perfectly suited our needs. We were in Hudson after a family member had a medical situation. Her home, which was close, needed some major cleaning and repairs, so we weren't there to sightsee. The St. Charles was close, clean and friendly. The continental breakfast was basic but I bought mayo and mustard and just made egg salad sandwiches for breakfast, then off to work we would go. In the evening back to the hotel, shower and then dinner around town. Loved that it was in the heart of Warren street district.
I read some of the reviews on this site but did not have any of the issues these others have had. 1) Everyone was friendly!!! day and night 2) We have been in two different rooms--both CLEAN with comfy beds (firm which I like, without squeaks).
Thanks to Sam and the staff for making our "working" stay pleasant. We will definitely be staying with you again

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bluwtrprncess

Dear Bluwtrprncess, We appreciate you being our frequent guest and for the kind words. We are always here to make sure you are comfortable and all needs and expectations are met. We do hope to see you again soon.

Sam A- GM

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a wedding in town- not worth the high price of the hotel!!!! The front desk was lovely to my friends and I and parking is great here. The room itself though needs a major overhaul. The beds are very hard and creak every time you move during the night. The air conditioning unit in the room either makes the room freezing or hot. We kept trying to find a happy medium with no success. Lastly, the hook on the bathroom door is coming undone and the door itself does not shut fully! Awkward when staying with friends. All in all, not terrible but definitely not worth $258 a night!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Marissa M.

Thank you for sharing here about your stay at St. Charles Hotel.
I am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. We take all our guest feedback seriously as it helps us to improve accordingly. Thank you for your comments about our Front Desk Staff. I can assure you, we still have the best rates in the town and We encourage you to book by calling hotel directly to get the best available discounted rates. Once again Please accept my deep apologies and do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Regards,
Sam A.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the St. Charles for one night to see a show at the basilica. The town is very charming with great restaurants and the venue of the show was amazing, but if ever staying in Hudson again I will never stay at the St. Charles. I am pretty non bias to hotels. I've stayed in 5 stars to 2 stars and if it serves its purpose I try not to complain about about improvements needed to be made. First off the list just like all the other comments/reviews it is D.M.D(damp, musty,and dusty) the room was very dark, but did get an upgraded room with a king bed and no bed bugs this stay. The bathroom was ehh not sure what is up with the vanity it came to mid thigh on me and I'm not a giant just 5'7, so all you tall fellas and gals out there brushing your teeth will be fun!! The only upgrade noticed is the lobby the pig with lipstick effect. Not worth the price of $200 plus cost at all!!! Upon leaving I realized I had left an article of clothing behind was about an hour out of Hudson. I called in a panic but with all hope that I would get it returned. The first receptionist I spoke with was semi helpful, but lacked any customer service skills. She did not go out of her way to contact housekeeping to retrieve my article of clothing, but did take my number and said she would call once housekeeping was done. 6pm had come and still no call almost 5 hours of time waiting to here back I called again and this time I spoke with another receptionist that was quite condescending who basically said that housekeeping didn't bring anything to the front desk so I was SOL. Didn't really care about my concerns, couldn't wait to get me off the phone. I explained where I left them and that you are telling that housekeeping just keeps whatever is in the room?! It is my fault for not scanning the room one more time before leaving, but you employee non honest stealing employees Sam? Enjoy the shorts cleaning lady I'm sure that is the only bonus you get working there and whatever other guest leave behind! Disclaimer I worked in housekeeping before and never kept anything and most things in that nature the Management would automatically send back to the guest, not ask them to pay to send a box to them with a label. Don't book a stay here...air b-n-b all the way!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sam A, General Manager at St. Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Rebecca T.

I would like to personally apologize about your poor experience at our hotel.

Regarding your shorts, not sure how it misplaced, usually when we find something important in room we call our guest right away, but not for shorts, as we find those stuff almost everyday and most of the guest don't want it, but we keep it on lost and found room until 30 days. I will definitely address these issues with our staff.
Once again please accept my deep apologies for all your frustration at our hotel and If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
0.3 km away
16.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie
1 km away
The Croff House Bed and Breakfast

Been to St. Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!