“So Good, We Dined There Twice”

Mercato Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 286 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open since November 2010, Mercato Bar & Kitchen offers Italian inspired seasonally conscious cuisine, an extensive specialty cocktail program and Italian and New York state wines.
Reviewed 16 July 2018

The cozy Mercato is on Ithaca's Restaurant Row, conveniently located from our inn. The restaurant doesn't take reservations, so it's best to arrive early--before 6:30. It's not large and stresses a farm-to-table approach, which was realized both nights we ate there during a six-night stay in Ithaca. We tried the fish baked in parchment--one night it was haddock and the other swordfish, and both were prepared with a wine-broth-caper topping. Very moist and delicious. The dishes came with fresh spinach and roasted potatoes. The waitress the first night was very patient and accommodating to my husband's requests for changes to the dishes on the menu. Another dish we tried was super-tender chicken cutlet with capers. Prices are reasonable, too.

1  Thank Meander808892

Reviewed 2 July 2018

We had 4 meals while in the Ithaca area and the only good meal was at the Mercato. Our waiter was exceptional and the food was excellent. The preparation and presentation were spot onl. I had the chicken piccata, my friend had the swordfish cooked in parchment, and my other friend had the scallops. We were all 100% pleased. For dessert we had the panna cotta which was the perfect ending. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Diana C
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Even if the food is not bad, the service is awful, they do not care customers needs or requests. They were even rude to us, I would not recomend it at all.

1  Thank AntonioBarn
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Starting from appetizers to home made desserts everything was excellent. This restaurant is a must if you are dinning in Ithaca!

1  Thank Timothy S
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Good Italian food, but not necessarily traditional Italian. Great wine menu. Restaurant is a bit pricy and I have tried one or two dishes that I wasn't crazy about, but would say it's a decent restaurant to go to.