“One of my favorite gems”

Shortstop Deli - Stewart Ave.
Ranked #68 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Best sandwiches ever... and the best part is you can get it toasted. It's a build your own sandwich type of place although they have other choices as well. Delicious delicious delicious.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We found this because we got ice cream from Sweet Melissa's right next door. Shortstop looked so good that we decided to try some subs there. It has a fun retro feel which we liked a lot. As a bonus, you get a drink for 9 cents when you order a sandwich, nice! I ordered a pizza style sandwich, just to try it, and thought it was great. The wait is surprisingly long -- a good 10-15 minutes, but worth it. Stop by, grab a toasted sub, cheap drink, and sit outside on the seat ledges and watch the world go by for a little while.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on our way from Southern Pennsylvania to syracuse.
My husband ate here when he worked at cornell college.
The subs were fantastic.
Extremely generous with the meat.
Prices are reasonable for the size of the sub.
All the employees were polite and friendly.
It's nice to know they are open 24 hours for the late night crowd.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I have gone here a few times and have never been disappointed. I normally get the cheese steak and it is great. Some other choices they offer hit the spot also but the cheese steak is the star

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

First time here, we were going on all the good reviews online. First of all, the place smelled awful - like rotten lettuce and onions, which made sense when we started eating our subs. The worker behind the counter made us feel stupid because we didn't know how things worked as far as ordering. It took forever to get our order. They left the lettuce I asked for off of mine (which turned out to be a blessing) and also no oil and vinegar. The onions were rotten. The lettuce on my husband's sub was wilted and brown. YUCK!!!