“Desserts were fabulous”
Review of Madeline's

Madeline's
Reserve with OpenTable
Madeline's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Madeline's is a Modern Asian fusion restaurant with a fun, contemporary vibe. Featuring award winning desserts and voted - Top NY State Romantic Eatery. At Madeline's, our unique approach to Euro-Asian Fusion cuisine results in a simplified elegance through distinctive and high quality ingredient combinations. In the bar, our specially trained mixologists have created an extensive list of eclectic and innovative hand-mixed cocktails, as well as an accessible wine and beer list that boasts the best of our regional wineries and breweries. Are you a Scotch lover? With over 50 to choose from, our well-educated bar and service staff can guide you to your traditional favorite, or a new experience. No trip to Madeline's would be complete without a visit to our DESSERT CASE. Continuously on the "Best of Ithaca" list for best desserts, Madeline's Owner and Executive Pastry Chef, Teresa Miller, will engage your senses with luxurious and mouthwatering indulgences made from the finest ingredients. Enjoy a casual cocktail on our seasonal outdoor patio, host your celebratory event with us, or join us for drink specials during our weekly Jazz Nights held every Thursday. We have live performances after dinner by 13 Degrees, featuring contemporary jazz. Come in and let our experienced chefs show you why Madeline's is one of the best restaurants in Ithaca. Our reputation precedes us, so reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We sat outside to people watch. We weren't disappointed. The main meal was good. My husband got the lamb and raved about it. Sadly I don't remember what entree I ordered. But I do remember I ordered the German Chocolate Cake for dessert. It was huge, delicious and reasonably priced. I don't normally order desserts. Sweets are not my thing. Boy was I glad I did. My husband ordered the Hazelnut Chocolate Torte. He couldn't decide who had the better dessert.

1  Thank Momski1620
delante, Owner at Madeline's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thanks for the great review, hope to see you again soon to try out some new desserts!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Very nice setting for brunch. Great selection of omelets, etc. And a wide range of "make your own" champagne cocktails. Pick a mixer, pick a liquour, pick a garnish. Very nice. But I have to say that the best part was the visit to the pastry display for dessert! Don't miss it.

Also great music too. Nothing like a nosh to Sam Cook!

delante, Owner at Madeline's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thanks for the review Cazzie, hope that you got to try one of the desserts, it's one of our best features!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

There are lounge options outside & the busy life of the commons provides a nice show, as we try to experiment with drinks (but usually get a mojoto) and tasty appetizers. The desserts are always tempting ...

delante, Owner at Madeline's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thanks for the review Ruth, hope to see you continue to enjoy the patio until it starts getting too chilly! You really should give into that dessert temptation once or twice, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Calamari over-salted the first time, bland when they brought a second batch. Gnocchi doughy and greasy. Fried haddock sandwich bland. Duck special completely uninspiring. Service was fine, but slow, and the food took too long to come. They've definitely gone downhill, which is a shame. Nothing was horrible, but overpriced by about 2 to 3 times given the quality of the food.

1  Thank Christina B
delante, Owner at Madeline's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Christina, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We are currently under new management both in the kitchen and service, we have addressed these issues and hope that you'll return to give us another chance.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

A shop owner on the Commons suggested that no matter which restaurant we chose, we should wait and go to Madeline's for dessert. He was so right. Since we did ethnic for dinner we didn't eat there, but stopped by on our way to check out the dessert case. Found out they also had a Jazz combo on the patio at 8. When we got back we were able to find a comfy sofa outside and a waitress came very quickly to offer us the menus. We already knew what we wanted, I had the fruit center crème brulee and my husband the chocolate bourbon cake. Both delicious. Add to that some nice hot coffee and music to enjoy, what better way to end an evening. Next time we'll try the dinner menu too.

delante, Owner at Madeline's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thanks for the review, so glad that you found us! Hope that you'll try us out for dinner next time, the food is as good as the dessert I promise!