“Needs an upgrade”
Review of Kyushu Hibachi & Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Kyushu Hibachi & Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our experience all in all was pretty average for a hibachi restaurant. The people were very nice there, and the show was good. The one thing I am not a fan of is the clear soup; it tastes like seaweed. The salad is okay, the dressing is good though. The filet was great as well as the fried rice. The place definately is looking a little worn down and could use an upgrade. With other very nice hibachi restaurants nearby, if they want to stay in business I hope they will consider that.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Average. Not bad, but not amazing. Just an FYI: No bar in this restaurant, but BYOB is okay. Miso soup was ok (but at least it was hot, especially on this night which was -21 below zero with windchill factor). Price is comparable to other Japanese restaurants that I have visited. I recommend Filet Mignon, Shrimp, Chicken or any combinations.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

My family and I have been here for dinner seven or eight times now. We always sit at the hibachi table, if it's available, but you can order items from the hibachi menu that are prepared in the kitchen if there is not space available at the hibachi table. Other hibachi restaurants have opened recently and we've tried them, but come back to Kyushu because of the flavor of the food. The salad dressing is delicious. The fried rice is perfectly cooked. I don't eat a lot of meat anymore, but I always order the tenderloin here because it is flavorful, tender, and satisfying. I've actually never tried their sushi, because I like the items on the hibachi menu so much. The owner is always pleasant and welcoming. I have never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Show was not very interactive, decor was fair. We were given a good amount of food and you left full. No gluten free soy sauce at the time that I went.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Kyushu Hibachi is a great place to go for lunch (not dinner). the food is delicious and one of a kind. The chefs are hillarious and very entertaining and talented! BYOB though.