“Best sushi in town”
Review of Kyushu Hibachi & Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Kyushu Hibachi & Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have never had a bad experience dining at Mitsuba. The service is always fast and the staff is really friendly. I always enjoy anything that I order here. I definitely suggest the New Hartford roll and the Yuki roll, but all of the special rolls are amazing. The atmosphere is also really quiet and peaceful- I just love it here!

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We visited ithaca for a weekend and decided to try a groupon which we found a day prior to leaving. Perfect meal after a visit to Ithaca brewery and the 5 mile rim hike at Treman park.

Wife had chicken and filet hibachi while I tried 4 rolls which were all equally tasty. If we loved here we'd certainly return for more.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our experience all in all was pretty average for a hibachi restaurant. The people were very nice there, and the show was good. The one thing I am not a fan of is the clear soup; it tastes like seaweed. The salad is okay, the dressing is good though. The filet was great as well as the fried rice. The place definately is looking a little worn down and could use an upgrade. With other very nice hibachi restaurants nearby, if they want to stay in business I hope they will consider that.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Average. Not bad, but not amazing. Just an FYI: No bar in this restaurant, but BYOB is okay. Miso soup was ok (but at least it was hot, especially on this night which was -21 below zero with windchill factor). Price is comparable to other Japanese restaurants that I have visited. I recommend Filet Mignon, Shrimp, Chicken or any combinations.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

My family and I have been here for dinner seven or eight times now. We always sit at the hibachi table, if it's available, but you can order items from the hibachi menu that are prepared in the kitchen if there is not space available at the hibachi table. Other hibachi restaurants have opened recently and we've tried them, but come back to Kyushu because of the flavor of the food. The salad dressing is delicious. The fried rice is perfectly cooked. I don't eat a lot of meat anymore, but I always order the tenderloin here because it is flavorful, tender, and satisfying. I've actually never tried their sushi, because I like the items on the hibachi menu so much. The owner is always pleasant and welcoming. I have never had a bad experience here.