Our experience wasn't as great as some of the other guests who have reviewed this property.
We were in the studio--the room is a little small and it has six doors/openings! Three of those doors lead to other parts of the house, but were closed by simple latches. That was a bit odd+creepy, but not terrible.
Our stay was for only one night.
Two main issues:
1. The owners have another job in construction and they divide the time between the two. When we came in we got the feeling that the other business was more important for them. We came in a couple hours earlier than the stated check-in time in the reservation email: "Check in time is from 3pm-6pm daily." It was completely fine for us to wait, but I could sense that the owner was trying to encourage us to come as late as possible (perhaps so he could finish whatever he was doing?). Anyway, we figured out how to kill a few hours and came back at a later time. Since the town is small, we didn't waste a lot of time.
2. We had agreed on an 8am time for breakfast with the owner. It's definitely our fault for not keeping that time (our departure and destination plans changed), but we went in around 8:50am to check out and we were told that the breakfast was at 8 (the hint was that we weren't going to get any food). We were offered only some fruit to take with us. Now, this is a B&B. One of the B's is for breakfast. How can you not offer breakfast at 9am? Here's the other part: they don't offer warm breakfast on the weekdays. Perhaps this is common practice, but I've not stayed at another B&B that doesn't offer warm breakfast.
Most other B&Bs we've stayed at pride themselves on two things and this place failed at both:
1. Personal service/touch (going beyond the normal service levels) and
2. Good breakfast
Nit: the bathroom had no lotion.
The good: everything was in order when we checked in. The room was kept cool with the AC and the check out was efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- County chic Greek Revival farm house, private suites, beautiful gardens, hiking, x-country ski, running trail on site, Cable, Wireless, AC, full breakfast on weekends, enjoy the panoramic view of the "city lights". ... more less