“Nice finding in my local area”

O Lavrador Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 427 Restaurants in Jamaica
Cuisines: Asian, Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is one of the places located a few minutes walk from my house. I just discover it and it will be my favor place for very long time. We enjoyed our meal very much, the food is outstanding, the atmosphere is very good, the staff is very attentive and welcoming. the portion of the food is more than enough the price is very good compare to the same food anywhere else in New York. It was one of the places that I will head to at anytime I am in mood for great meal.

1  Thank Abbady A

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed another meal here. We started with the Iberian platter, that we had never had before. It was pretty tasty, although the sausage may have been a little too fatty. The sangria as always hit the spot. Tried the basa for the first time, and was quite content. Someone else in our party had the potato cakes, and those were good although missing sauce. The fish and banana as well as Seafood in Champagne sauce were as good as before. Desserts included flan, the drunken pear, and a Sundae. Service as always was quite good.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This Portuguese restaurant is reasonable with extremely delicious seafood dishes. They also have very good steaks. My husband and I love eating in this restaurant because the food is so tasty. The staff is friendly and they go out of their way to satisfy their customers. The owners remember who we are and welcome us each time we arrive there. An added plus is the fact that they have a parking lot. When we ate there on Valentine's Day, they handed each of us a glass of champagne upon entering.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The food is delicious, a little pricey. Great for a nice dinner. The ambiance is cozy and dark but great for couple

Reviewed 26 November 2017

So ate here for the first time in after maybe 16 months. There were three of us and we started with the baked clams with bacon that were pretty good. After that we ordered our entrees which included the sole and banana, the seafood in champagne sauce, and the seafood in garlic and wine sauce. While the sole and banana has been consistently good over the years, we also enjoyed the seafood in Champagne sauce. Peach sangria did not let us down. Finally we all shared the drunken pear which appeared to be about as good as previous trips.