“I really like the new Whitlock Restaurant”
Review of The Whitlock

The Whitlock
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Katonah
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice redo of the former Willy Nick's. The menu is very creative and the food is good. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank b0bbestultz

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I was excited to try this place for the first time with a friend. We called ahead on a Tuesday night, asking for a reservation. They said they do not accept reservations but they take "call aheads" 30 minutes prior. We called ahead, but it wasn't necessary, there were open tables. (again, a Tuesday night in Winter).
So we arrive at 6:30 and my friend said she wanted a regular table, not a high bar table. The hostess said, "you'll have to wait for a regular table, probably 45 minutes". We didnt understand because there were two two tops pushed together, un used and then one high bar table. She said, "well you never know who comes in ".
So we had to start our first experience here at a table we didnt want. The bar is small and close to the dining area, but I hate sitting high up with a tV in my face. Well, we were together and at the place, so we took the high table in lieu of waiting 45 minutes. Our server was pleasant but not on top of us. We had to ask the other servers to help us several times, also having to get up for simple items like condiments and a knife..
our server was constantly behind the bar talking to the bartender or guests.. the place isnt big and it wasnt packed. I ordered a salad, glass of wine and a personal pizza. My friend also had a salad ..was fresh and tasty. The wine choices were okay, we both found something we liked. We ordered dessert but didnt finish, we were ready to go.. but the little bit I did taste was very good and fresh. Needless to say, the empty table just sat there empty the whole time, while we (paying and potentially loyal) customers had to sit where we did not want to.

Would i go back? Probably if there was nothing else in town open

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Warm ambiance, innovative, fabulous food! Always a pleasure to see Christina and Matt, proprietors of the Whitlock. They got it all right with this restaurant!!
Enjoy the best onion soup you've ever had, with a massive marrow bone plunked down in the middle. Super juicy, super tender pork chop. Great burgers but in particular the shrimp burger is one of a kind! Steak daily special was also great.
Every dessert we've tried has been excellent. Service is top notch.
Don't miss the Whitlock!

1  Thank RoseyKaye
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night had to wait about 20 minutes, (restaurant seats maybe 35) and it was well worth the wait. Service was friendly and attentive. I had the tater tots as an appetizer and the 20 oz. rib steak. Both were amazing. My wife had the Tuna tartare, some many layers of flavor, and the salmon over farro, moist and very tasty. Hands down one of the best restaurants I’ve been to awhile. Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Asfinefood
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This is a new place in the old Willy and Nicks location in downtown Katonah. The menu is inventive if limited and the food quality is good. Decent selection of wines by the glass and many craft beers and ciders. We shared a number of small plates and a salad, all of which were good (the tots and caviar were terrific!). The downside is it’s way too loud and packed for dinner conversation. There was someone standing next to our high top yacking away during the whole dinner! The food also came out very fast and despite ‘please don’t rush’ it was clear they wanted to turn the table. They need to decide if this is a bar with tables or a restaurant.

2  Thank Jim T