“We have been going here for at least 25 years”

Le Fontane Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Katonah
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Always a lovely evening. Great homemade pasta and good food. Very attentive staff and owner. Nice setting. We have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We ate here many times and most were good: the problems started when we were left sitting in the middle of the rest with drinks, menus and no waiter for 35 minutes, they realized that when we asked for the check and left: always running out of bread: and the icing on the cake which caused us NOT to go back was when they made the bus girl a waiter: downhill from there: Little stupid comments: hanging around the table: just being
annoying butting in to our conversations: going over the check at the end of the meal even when she was not taking care of us making sure everything was on it: like we need the bottle of Pellegrino : We recommended a lot of our friends but one by one they stopped going back for the same reason. Antonio and family were always good to us but he has to watch what's going on instead of measuring the liquor bottles????

1  Thank Frank O
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Friends asked us to go to the Big Game party at Le Fontane. They served fresh made appetizers with cocktails. The snacks were very tasty. We decided to go back for dinner the following week. I am glad we did. We started with fried calamari. They were very light and not greasy or salty. Our dinners chicken scapariello and pasta with broccoli rabe, sausage and wild mushrooms were well made and not heavy. The staff was very attentive and pleasant. I would definitely would go back again.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Spent the past (sub-zero) New Years Eve at Le Fontane with friends. The menu was a price-fixed $75 for a four course dinner.

The evening started off with the fact that, after being seated, no one approached us with menus, or even came to take drink orders. Not good. When we were finally approached - by a young man wearing a plaid flannel shirt hanging out of black jeans (on New Year's Eve!) - we were able to order; but when our drink order came, there was only ONE cocktail on the tray and the (different) server had no idea where the rest of the order was. The first course, a "hot antipasto" consisted of some under-seasoned and under-heated fried calamari and zucchini. Clearly had been sitting around in the kitchen for a while. The beet and Gorganzola cheese salad had no seasoning and no dressing on it. The duck breast some of us ordered was pronounced really good, though also under-seasoned, and the lamb shanks (highly touted by Mr. Plaid Shirt) were totally tasteless, as was the bed of rice they were sitting on. The desserts (clearly not house-made) were very good - in fact the only worthy part of the entire meal, so one out of four courses was worth coming for, but a bit pricey at $75. And the service was atrocious. Never again; at least until they hire a different chef and a professional wait staff.

Antonio A, Owner at Le Fontane Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

We are truly sorry you were unhappy with your experience at our restaurant on New Year’s Eve. Although the first seating went well, I, myself, felt that our standards were not fully met during the second seating. The switch from the ala carte menu to the prie fix menu did not go as smoothly as planned. As a result, we have decided that in the future we will only offer a single seating on New Year’s Eve.

It was my intention to personally call everyone from the second seating to apologize, but I was distracted by an issue brought about by the very cold weather right after New Year’s.We hope you will give us another chance. Please accept my apologies and join us on your next visit for a complimentary bottle of wine from our select list.

Thank you for your input. We take these comments seriously and will try to implement change where needed.
Antonio

Reviewed 2 January 2018

My family and I have eaten at Le Fontane for over 25 years and never had a meal there that we didn't enjoy. The food is high quality and well prepared. I enjoy many of the dishes my grandmother used to make like lentil soup, stuffed zucchini flowers, chicken milanese and lasagna. The staff has always been warm and friendly and made us feel welcome. After all these years my family and I still look forward to eating there.

1  Thank Lomoose