US$162
ADK Trail Inn(Upper Jay)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$110
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Lake Placid)
US$89
RodewayInn
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$169
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
Prague Motor Inn(Lake Placid)
US$131
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$170
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

All reviewsfull kitchenwasher and dryerhigh peaksshared bathsitting roomstayed here for one nightadirondacksdinerguestsaccommodationswifi46er
Reviewed 11 October 2013

RoosterComb Inn is a convenient and welcoming place to stay in the High Peaks area. The stately home has been charmingly remodeled and furnished with unique furniture crafted by the artisan host, Steve. Rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The lower floor is a showroom for local artisans as well as Steve's creations. There is a cozy sitting area where Steve has a fire going in the evenings that calls for relaxation and friendly conversation. My dog,Moe, and I felt right at home. Can't imagine a better place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is all I need to know to choose a place: it's clean, the location is in a perfect spot, and it's inexpensive.

Other details: The owner is friendly, he runs a handmade rustic furniture store in the barn behind the property (so it seems he made all the furniture in this inn, which is really lovely), and there's a fire pit in the evenings.

I don't mind: there are two shared bathrooms for all the rooms except one. One has a shower/tub, toilet, sink, and washer/dryer, and the other one is just a toilet and sink. This is NOT a traditional B&B (no breakfast provided), but you have use of a communal kitchen (fridge, stove, coffee maker).

The deck on the 2nd floor (outside the kitchen) is a great place to sit. Our room has a window air conditioner as well as a space heater. Everything is absolutely spotless, including our bedroom and the shared bathroom. The housekeeper is great!

I think the wifi only runs downstairs? To be honest, I only asked the housekeeper about that, not the proprietor. I'm using my phone wifi everywhere anyway; I had to do that at the chain hotel we were in a few days ago. So that's not a complaint really on my part. What am I doing on the computer anyway, when the surroundings are so beautiful?

This is a perfect place if you're interested in hiking or exploring the local area. My husband is an art vendor at the Keene Valley Art and Antique show, 2 miles up the road. This is a perfect location for us.

We'll be back soon; we love it here!

Room Tip: There are many restaurants nearby if you don't wish to bring your own food
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place and its owner, Steve. I have been going to the Daks since the mid-90s, always staying at the same place, until it was sold two years ago. Looking for a new "home," I stumbled upon this charming inn. I was there 9 days, and I felt like I knew the innkeeper and his cleaning lady my entire life. The place is furnished with hand-made wood furniture, made in the barn behind the inn by Steve and his buddy John. The lodging prices are beyond reasonable, and you have full access to the kitchen and bathrooms. You can cook your own food and save a ton of $$$ by eating in. There are getaway places on the property, such as his porches with handmade chairs, a deck, and a fire pit surrounded, again, by his handmade chairs. Steve offered to make bonfires for us almost every night, and in the winter, there is a warming room for guests. There are places to dine within walking distance, as well as a grocery store, liquor store, and mountaineer shop. The location is in the heart of the High Peaks, where the hiking is sublime.....and it is away from the hustle and bustle of Lake Placid, but close enough for a drive in to town. If you are visiting the Daks, this place is where it's at. I will not go anywhere else in my travels north.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed at the roostercomb this week after hiking..the roostercomb ! With our golden- perfectly located for your hiking convenience ,this dogfriendly inn was also super personfriendly- its owner, steve, its small size and cozy decor, its proximity to great food ( both noonmark and ausable inn ) as well as awesome shopping ( birch store for the fashionista and home decor lover is across the street, and the mountaineer is just down the street ) in short, great value, great vibe :)

Room Tip: Tho The suite ( with private bath) seems ideal- it was booked in our case but we encountered no problems with the shared " little " and " big" john- the inn is small enough that it feels like home...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The Rooster Comb is an excellent base for an Adirondack vacation. It's conveniently located near some great hiking trails. The rustic decor is gorgeous and perfect considering the location. The bedrooms and shared bath are very clean considering that most guests are hikers. There is a washer and dryer available for guest use. I didn't use it but I can see it being a valuable resource after an unexpected muddy outing. There is a full kitchen available for guests but if you don't want to cook, the Noonmark diner is right across the street. We were there on a cold, rainy weekend so Steve built a fire for us in the sitting room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends