All reviews noonmark diner full kitchen washer and dryer high peaks shared bath sitting room stayed here for one night hedge hog adirondacks guests accommodations wifi 46er
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here for one night after a day of hiking in the high peaks. The inn was very homey and comfortable. Steve was very welcoming and friendly! The rooms were extremely clean, as were the kitchen and bathroom. We stayed in little porter, small but cozy and perfect for two people. There was wifi, which was great because service can be spotty in this area. The kitchen is for guests to use to cook if they want since this is not a b&b. There is coffee for the guests, too. There is also a washer & drier for guests to use. We didn't' need it, but would come in handy after a rainy hike. Once we unpacked and changed, we went downstairs to sit by the fire, which was perfect since we had just hiked in very cold weather! Talked to the other guests and had a great time. The next morning we walked across the street and got breakfast at the Noonmark diner, fantastic! Would highly recommend this inn for anyone looking for an ADK getaway, especially hikers!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenM294
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It is relatively inexpensive. You have a full kitchen. There is a woodstove downstairs where you can sit and chat with other guests. In some rooms, you have to share a bathroom--like you would if you went to a friend's house. Wonderful people running it. No television--which helped me unplug. There was a free Wi-Fi. Restaurants and fitness center (extra charge) within walking distance. Frequented by serious hikers. Love the hand-made furniture! Really felt like a vacation in the woods--yet it had all the comforts you need. I loved it!

Room Tip: There is one room with a private bath--just a little extra. Get it if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew V
Reviewed 11 October 2013

RoosterComb Inn is a convenient and welcoming place to stay in the High Peaks area. The stately home has been charmingly remodeled and furnished with unique furniture crafted by the artisan host, Steve. Rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The lower floor is a showroom for local artisans as well as Steve's creations. There is a cozy sitting area where Steve has a fire going in the evenings that calls for relaxation and friendly conversation. My dog,Moe, and I felt right at home. Can't imagine a better place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is all I need to know to choose a place: it's clean, the location is in a perfect spot, and it's inexpensive.

Other details: The owner is friendly, he runs a handmade rustic furniture store in the barn behind the property (so it seems he made all the furniture in this inn, which is really lovely), and there's a fire pit in the evenings.

I don't mind: there are two shared bathrooms for all the rooms except one. One has a shower/tub, toilet, sink, and washer/dryer, and the other one is just a toilet and sink. This is NOT a traditional B&B (no breakfast provided), but you have use of a communal kitchen (fridge, stove, coffee maker).

The deck on the 2nd floor (outside the kitchen) is a great place to sit. Our room has a window air conditioner as well as a space heater. Everything is absolutely spotless, including our bedroom and the shared bathroom. The housekeeper is great!

I think the wifi only runs downstairs? To be honest, I only asked the housekeeper about that, not the proprietor. I'm using my phone wifi everywhere anyway; I had to do that at the chain hotel we were in a few days ago. So that's not a complaint really on my part. What am I doing on the computer anyway, when the surroundings are so beautiful?

This is a perfect place if you're interested in hiking or exploring the local area. My husband is an art vendor at the Keene Valley Art and Antique show, 2 miles up the road. This is a perfect location for us.

We'll be back soon; we love it here!

Room Tip: There are many restaurants nearby if you don't wish to bring your own food
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place and its owner, Steve. I have been going to the Daks since the mid-90s, always staying at the same place, until it was sold two years ago. Looking for a new "home," I stumbled upon this charming inn. I was there 9 days, and I felt like I knew the innkeeper and his cleaning lady my entire life. The place is furnished with hand-made wood furniture, made in the barn behind the inn by Steve and his buddy John. The lodging prices are beyond reasonable, and you have full access to the kitchen and bathrooms. You can cook your own food and save a ton of $$$ by eating in. There are getaway places on the property, such as his porches with handmade chairs, a deck, and a fire pit surrounded, again, by his handmade chairs. Steve offered to make bonfires for us almost every night, and in the winter, there is a warming room for guests. There are places to dine within walking distance, as well as a grocery store, liquor store, and mountaineer shop. The location is in the heart of the High Peaks, where the hiking is sublime.....and it is away from the hustle and bustle of Lake Placid, but close enough for a drive in to town. If you are visiting the Daks, this place is where it's at. I will not go anywhere else in my travels north.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo