US$162
ADK Trail Inn(Upper Jay)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$110
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Lake Placid)
US$89
RodewayInn
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$169
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
Prague Motor Inn(Lake Placid)
US$131
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$170
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

All reviewsfull kitchenwasher and dryerhigh peaksshared bathsitting roomstayed here for one nightadirondacksdinerguestsaccommodationswifi46er
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here in the beginning of August for an impromptu weekend get away of full of high peaks explorations. We purposely picked this inn because we knew that they were pet friendly and we could bring along our dog who is an avid outdoors-woman.

The accommodations were clean and cozy and the ability to use the kitchen was a huge plus; allowing us to bring groceries and cook. The common areas (the kitchen, the large bathroom-some rooms have private bathrooms, the deck) were a fun place to meet fellow travelers and learn about the area and all that it has to offer. Like use, many people who stayed there were dog lovers and our companions spent the night playing and cuddling on the (fenced) deck. If you are the outgoing pet-loving bunch look no further.

Other tidbits - check out the gift shop below, the owner and his colleague are VERY talented woodworkers; walking access to some of the longer trailheads; central location to several bars/restaurants; cozy fires every night; access to an assortment of materials detailing the high peaks region and points of interest.

When (not if) I go back to the Adirondaks high peaks region I will undoubtedly stay at rooster comb again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jesse P
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here for one night after a day of hiking in the high peaks. The inn was very homey and comfortable. Steve was very welcoming and friendly! The rooms were extremely clean, as were the kitchen and bathroom. We stayed in little porter, small but cozy and perfect for two people. There was wifi, which was great because service can be spotty in this area. The kitchen is for guests to use to cook if they want since this is not a b&b. There is coffee for the guests, too. There is also a washer & drier for guests to use. We didn't' need it, but would come in handy after a rainy hike. Once we unpacked and changed, we went downstairs to sit by the fire, which was perfect since we had just hiked in very cold weather! Talked to the other guests and had a great time. The next morning we walked across the street and got breakfast at the Noonmark diner, fantastic! Would highly recommend this inn for anyone looking for an ADK getaway, especially hikers!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenM294
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It is relatively inexpensive. You have a full kitchen. There is a woodstove downstairs where you can sit and chat with other guests. In some rooms, you have to share a bathroom--like you would if you went to a friend's house. Wonderful people running it. No television--which helped me unplug. There was a free Wi-Fi. Restaurants and fitness center (extra charge) within walking distance. Frequented by serious hikers. Love the hand-made furniture! Really felt like a vacation in the woods--yet it had all the comforts you need. I loved it!

Room Tip: There is one room with a private bath--just a little extra. Get it if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew V
Reviewed 11 October 2013

RoosterComb Inn is a convenient and welcoming place to stay in the High Peaks area. The stately home has been charmingly remodeled and furnished with unique furniture crafted by the artisan host, Steve. Rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The lower floor is a showroom for local artisans as well as Steve's creations. There is a cozy sitting area where Steve has a fire going in the evenings that calls for relaxation and friendly conversation. My dog,Moe, and I felt right at home. Can't imagine a better place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is all I need to know to choose a place: it's clean, the location is in a perfect spot, and it's inexpensive.

Other details: The owner is friendly, he runs a handmade rustic furniture store in the barn behind the property (so it seems he made all the furniture in this inn, which is really lovely), and there's a fire pit in the evenings.

I don't mind: there are two shared bathrooms for all the rooms except one. One has a shower/tub, toilet, sink, and washer/dryer, and the other one is just a toilet and sink. This is NOT a traditional B&B (no breakfast provided), but you have use of a communal kitchen (fridge, stove, coffee maker).

The deck on the 2nd floor (outside the kitchen) is a great place to sit. Our room has a window air conditioner as well as a space heater. Everything is absolutely spotless, including our bedroom and the shared bathroom. The housekeeper is great!

I think the wifi only runs downstairs? To be honest, I only asked the housekeeper about that, not the proprietor. I'm using my phone wifi everywhere anyway; I had to do that at the chain hotel we were in a few days ago. So that's not a complaint really on my part. What am I doing on the computer anyway, when the surroundings are so beautiful?

This is a perfect place if you're interested in hiking or exploring the local area. My husband is an art vendor at the Keene Valley Art and Antique show, 2 miles up the road. This is a perfect location for us.

We'll be back soon; we love it here!

Room Tip: There are many restaurants nearby if you don't wish to bring your own food
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business