“Great place for a good value in the High Peaks”
Review of RoosterComb Inn

RoosterComb Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Keene Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is my second stay here and as on my previous visit, thoroughly enjoyed it. Steve the owner is very friendly and will join you at the evening fire and let you know whats going on in the area. The Inn itself is very rustic with beautiful hand made furniture and exceptionally clean. Convenient to the Garden and Rooster Comb trailhead parking areas. The Noonmark Diner is across the street for breakfast and the Ausable Inn is just up the street for dinner.

Room Tip: As a single traveler I choose the Snowy Mount Room which is right across from the 2 common bathrooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the Rooster Comb Inn for three nights in May 2014, wanting to explore the Adirondacks. This is the perfect location to do so... several trailheads close by, and Lake Placid is a short 20 minutes drive. Steve, John and Anna were very welcoming and made us feel right at home. With a shared kitchen and free coffee, we were able to eat breakfast at the Inn before heading off for the day. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Its a unique inn with artsy furniture made by the very friendly owner steven. The rooms are nice and the kitchen handy ( a little small if everybody wants to cook at the same time) this is also a great place to book all rooms for a group. This location is great for hikers, because lots of 46er starting in keene valley.I like it and I would come again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

For the second straight winter I stayed at the RoosterComb Inn. It meets my needs perfectly. I spend my entire days ice climbing in the area and it's wonderful to come back to a nice warm, comfortable room. I tend to go to bed early and it's easy to do as the place is nice and quiet. Its within walking distance to the few restaurants in town and also the little grocery store. The kitchen area has everything you need. Both years i have stayed everything is very clean -room, bathrooms, and kitchen. Finally it is very reasonably priced which makes it a great value. When I head to the Adirondacks for more climbing I will definitely stay at the RoosterComb inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here in the beginning of August for an impromptu weekend get away of full of high peaks explorations. We purposely picked this inn because we knew that they were pet friendly and we could bring along our dog who is an avid outdoors-woman.

The accommodations were clean and cozy and the ability to use the kitchen was a huge plus; allowing us to bring groceries and cook. The common areas (the kitchen, the large bathroom-some rooms have private bathrooms, the deck) were a fun place to meet fellow travelers and learn about the area and all that it has to offer. Like use, many people who stayed there were dog lovers and our companions spent the night playing and cuddling on the (fenced) deck. If you are the outgoing pet-loving bunch look no further.

Other tidbits - check out the gift shop below, the owner and his colleague are VERY talented woodworkers; walking access to some of the longer trailheads; central location to several bars/restaurants; cozy fires every night; access to an assortment of materials detailing the high peaks region and points of interest.

When (not if) I go back to the Adirondaks high peaks region I will undoubtedly stay at rooster comb again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
19.5 km away
Lake House
Lake House
#7 of 31 in Lake Placid

Been to RoosterComb Inn? Share your experiences!