“Wonderful”

Deising's Bakery, Restaurant, and Catering
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Kingston
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a European Bakery and Cafe serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week. Our award winning bakery (winner "Best Bakery in America" award) tantalizes you w/ over 300 fresh baked breads, rolls, desserts, donuts, bagels, pies, gourmet cookies and cupcakes and so much more. Our restaurant (winner Best Breakfast in the Hudson Valley) serves awesome omelettes, Belgian waffles, homemade pancakes and much more. For lunch, enjoy Manhatten style deli sandwiches, big 8 oz burgers, the best homemade quiches, and our signature homemade soups.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

coming to the Hudson valley is a must. Great service great location!!! Staff were friendly knowledgeable and efficient. I highly recommend this business!

Eric D, Owner at Deising's Bakery, Restaurant, and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you so much Amy. We really appreciate your kind words!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Ines was our waitress this particular day and she was amazing. Fast, accurate, and friendly. Great job! Excellent food, immaculate customer service. We will be back, as we always are, to our favorite place to have breakfast. Thanks for years of awesome service and phenomenal baking!

Eric D, Owner at Deising's Bakery, Restaurant, and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you so much Gueneviere! I will pass on the kind words to Ines. She will be happy! And thank you for your visit with us!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My husband's family ALWAYS gets pastries for Sunday Morning when we are there visiting. (Over 30 years it is and they probably go when we're not visiting too.) I finally went on the run with him this time. WOW what a system they have. I've never been in a bakery that has separate in and out doors. With the crowd they handle, it's definitely needed. Staff was patient and helpful. Everything looked good, too good. We were a little late getting there, but the selection was awesome still.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Loved all of these.. Birthday cake , cookies , apple turnover , cider doughnuts , German pretzels ...all super scrumptious!

Eric D, Owner at Deising's Bakery, Restaurant, and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate it!
Eric Deising

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Oh, service, why does thee suck to such epic proportions?

We were seated by an older woman who really didn't want us to have a booth, even though it wasn't busy, but doggone it, I fought for it ... and my buttocks were in an uncomfortable wood booth with my fiance for a late lunch. (restaurant barely had customers)

Then our waitress took about 10 minutes to show up, apologized, took our drink order, and disappeared again. This was the entire meals. Veggie fajitas were okay. Veggie panina was so so. I was most excited to go to the bakery. That's when I met Maria.

Here's a tip: If you have about 50 cookies in the case, have a little sign (I don't even care if you hand write it) on each one because I have no idea what you're selling and I really wanted to buy it. When we asked Maria if there was a list, otherwise we'd be asking her one by one, she said, "I have a list, just ask." So, we proceeded to do what we were avoiding.

Us: "What's this?"

Maria: "A cookie." (um, yeah, we kind of figured that out, but plowed ahead)

Us: "No, what type?" (since so many were covered in chocolate, but different)

Maria: "Chocolate."

Us: "Can you give us the name of the cookies?"

Maria: (now looking at list) "No, not really."

This went on for quite some time until Maria said she could give samples of each one we wanted. I said, "No, thank you. We picked out six, went to the part of the bakery that was labeled, bought a lava cake, cinnamon bread (I think because Maria just said it was cinnamon and I still haven't tried it), then we paid our bill and left.

I've tried the baked goods and one cookie (I couldn't possibly give you a name besides what I would refer to as white and milk chocolate madeline) was pretty good. The rest was okay. We won't be back because of the service and there's a lot of other things to see in our travels, but get those cookies labeled, give Maria a break.

(One last note. Apparently, you have a raspberry cookie and when we asked Maria if the inside were dry or chewy or jellied, Maria said, "Cherry." Maria, you kind of made our day and honestly, get the list you had on the front of the case. Also, you packed the lava cake upside down, but after our encounter, I feel like for you, it was as it should be so I wish you joy.)