“Best seafood restaurant in KIngston”
Review of The Bowery Dugout

The Bowery Dugout
Ranked #14 of 214 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I go here often. We have lunch delivered to work. Bruce is a gracious host and an excellent chef. Given the popularity of Kingston with weekenders and transplants, it's become hard to find a reasonably priced restaurant. Appetizers, entree, 3 bourbons came to $60 including tax and tip. I think that's good value. Now, you have to ask for Beth. She is a great waitress and highly entertaining!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've never had a bad food experience here, the food is always good, fresh and memorable. I love the soft shelled crab, fresh lobster and escargots.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stopped in for a burger. I was told only served for lunch, but Amy came back and said she talked to the chef and he would do because I saw it on YELP. I had a good cocktail and while looking at the menu, I saw frog's legs, my favorite. I ordered them as an appetizer fried and they were fabulous! My burger was cooked perfectly and was very good. French fries were just okay. I'm coming back for the meal of frog's legs. Amy was kind, efficient and accommodating.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Our server Amie was just the best! She is super upbeat and knowledgeable about the menu. The restruant offers items based on whats available in season so everything is always fresh. They have a lot of options to choose from with daily specials with traditional and some different things you may not have seen before. For appetizers we had Alligator (my first time trying it - it was yummy!) and a soft shell crab (was actually a meal but they created an appetizer version for us). For dinner I had the Kings Seafood Platter (small lobster tail half, 3 jumbo shrimp, 2 large scallops and about a 4oz piece of fish) and my husband had the Ginger Sesame Yellow Fin Tuna special which he said was supper yummy. We both got to choose a side (I has zuccini chips which were very good) and the meal came with soup or salad and bread as well. The restruant is a bit pricey and while it may look like a bit of a dive on the outside its very nice on the inside. They have wine, beer and spirits. They have a decent bar and some came in just for a drink and app at the bar. I can't say enough though about how fantastic our waitress was - thanks so much for a great experience! It was our anniversary so it was definately a plus to have such fantastic service with a big smile. We topped it off by sharing a dessert because it was hard to fit any more food in our bellies.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Some of the best fish, scallops shrimp, crab cakes you can hope for. If you get there between 5 and 6 check out the early bird menu. Do not leave without a cup of their soup.